Back End Software Engineer, Enterprise Trust at Atlassian (Remote)
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it's necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian's Access team is seeking a driven and experienced backend software engineer to join our growing IDP (Identity provider) integration and provisioning team. The Access team provides the ability to extend our customer's identity providers to our cloud offerings from Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and many more. Innovation is a key to our organization's culture and it is our team's mission to find innovative solutions to better our administrative experiences, especially in the user provisioning space.
As part of the IDP integration and provisioning team, you will be working to improve the customer Admin experience of provisioning users from IDPs to Atlassian cloud and connect to our cloud offerings like Jira, Confluence, BitBucket, Trello, and JSM (Jira Service Management). You will also be responsible for developing and hosting a control plan to help Atlassian customers who are administrators be able to configure and connect to their corporate Identity providers of choice. By joining this team, you will be given the chance to work in a balanced team with a good mix of seniors and juniors engineers, to build creative and robust solutions for customers while supporting various escalation issues.
What you'll do
As a software engineer, you will be part of a team of many talented engineers to design and implement the most innovative solutions to various services&features that the team owns. You will also frequently interact with other access teams, Product Managers, Designers, and Architects to build the features encompassing architecture design, backend development, monitoring, and optimization to make the provisioning process broadened in scope so as to bring in more enterprise customers, to ensure a satisfactory provisioning experience to customers.
More about you:
- More than 3 years of experience building and developing backend applications
- Bachelor's or Master's degree with a preference for Computer Science degree
- Experience developing and operating web applications in AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, or similar public cloud providers.
- Proven experience across the board with a strong depth of knowledge in the following technologies: Java, Kotlin, Node.js or other programming languages.
- Ability to design public APIs, coupled with a passion for writing clean code.
- Experience building service from the ground up is preferred - from gathering requirements, design, build, deploy, and ownership.
- Solid understanding of application performance and designing low latency, high-speed web applications.
- Excellent prioritization and self-organizing skills.
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies.
- Have outstanding verbal and written communication skills. You will need to explain your proposals well enough that others understand their value.
- Experience setting a very high bar for excellence across your engineering team and putting systems in place to measure against that bar.
- Ability to work well in a team, have a positive attitude, patience, and humility.
Nice to have but not required:
- Previous experience with SCIM and SAML domain, technologies, and protocols.
- Previous exposure to web application security (authentication, authorization, session management, access controls, etc.) and privacy standards (SOC2, GDPR, etc.).
- Experience in Continuous Delivery and the DevOps mindset.
- Experience in building applications using Kotlin on Postgres/GynamoDB.
More about the team
We are always growing, learning, and adapting, in and out of the office. You'll be joining a team that is smart and very direct. We embody the Atlassian values , ask hard questions, and challenge each other to constantly improve our work.
This highly talented team owns some of the most critical capabilities of the Atlassian Cloud platform. The engineers excel in taking on scalability challenges, understanding the security aspects of authentication flows, and operating micro-services at a very large scale. We're passionate about technology but we also like to take breaks from work. We love going out for team lunches and spending time together in team social events on Fridays.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world's best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .