Back End Software Engineer
LogicMonitor is the leading SaaS based performance monitoring platform for enterprise IT.
We love going to work and think you should too. We hold our company culture near and dear – it represents an intermix between passion for leadership and passion for an active, healthy life centered around family and friends. LogicMonitor represents community, collaboration and camaraderie.
Located in the 500 West 2nd Street tower, our brand-new Austin office is best-in-class! Be inspired with panoramic downtown & Lady Bird Lake views, where snacks are plentiful and team outings are common. Our offices are sprinkled around the globe, too, with a presence in Santa Barbara, Boston, New York City, London, Singapore, and Chengdu, China.
What You'll Do:
The Software Engineer on the Development team is responsible for the implementation, design, architecture and quality control of business integrations/general development within the customer-facing product application and internal tools used by development technical operations. This includes troubleshooting bugs and implementing new features as required in existing backend applications; even building new components as needed. A successful Software Engineer will produce all required functionality in a timely manner and will communicate and work with colleagues to solve problems and improve the systems they work with.
- Working with various teams in LogicMonitor to delivery software products to support LogicMonitor's business growth.
- Envision system features and functionalities by analyzing business requirements.
- Prioritize and plan for deliverables in an iterative development strategy.
- Design, document, code, and test technical solution for new systems or enhancements to existing systems.
- Follow agile software development methodologies for implementation.
- Troubleshoot and resolve product/application issues for escalated support cases.
What You'll Need:
- BS or above degree in computer science or related field.
- 3+ years of software development experience in commercial or enterprise application.
- 2+ years of full-time experience as a Java developer on Linux platform.
- Familiar with latest Java development framework and open-source tools.
- Excellent in communication (written and verbal) and collaboration with other functional teams (Support Engineering, Tools, Product, etc.).
- Strong understanding of web application architectures.
- Familiar with Linux file systems
- Familiar with AWS services
- Strong SQL / Database knowledge
- Familiar with Test frameworks (Junit, wiremock)