About the Team
Our platform team drives our core user experience from order to settlement. We're a cross functional team that includes a PM, multiple backend and frontend engineers, a qa engineer, and a product designer. We just finished up a general purpose document engine and are embarking on multi-modal international shipping. In this role you'll build drayage, intermodal, air, sea, and rail workflows that will be instrumental to our company growth. We'd love for you to join us and build the future.
What you’ll do
- Consistently ship high-quality code to production
- Bring our data science research to life
- Build for perf and high availability
- Ensure that our models are well fed with "medium sized data" (a few TB) and a clean ML pipeline
- Maintain quality standards. Stay up to date on best practices and enforce them with code reviews
- Write beautiful Python microservices and workers that rely on our event architecture
- Work closely with product to refine ideas and turn hifi designs into reality
- Proactively find problems or gaps in our codebase and fix them
- Own your apps: Fix, bugs, talk to users, and regularly update your existing applications
- Write unit tests
What we're looking for
- Senior and mid-level candidates
- A self-starter that can get stuff done with little supervision. We expect for you to fill in the blanks and work with your teammates to get it launched.
- Ability to empathize with our users and really listen to their requirements
- Strong CS fundamentals, deep experience in a modern backend (Django, Rails, Spring), database modeling (ORM or raw), and a desire to learn and master your craft
- An understanding of application performance (Big-O and profiling) and data structures
- You were raised on the cloud (AWS, GCP) and are comfortable living in a containerized world
- You've worked in the logistics industry and can tell a dry van from a reefer
- Experience with Python frameworks like Django, Flask, and Fast API
- Devops Knowledge - Docker, Jenkins, Terraform
- Experience with an event architecture
- NoSQL Experience (Mongo, Redis)
- 401k plan
- Generous parental leave
- Competitive salary and equity opportunity
- Team building events and office competitions
- Friendly, talented, and inclusive company culture
- Offices in Austin, TX, Chicago, IL or 100% remote
- Health, vision, dental, teladoc, HSA, FSA, & Life insurance
- Incredible growth opportunity at a fast growing company
- Subsidized wifi, cell phone, and educational reimbursements
- Receive an elite technology package to include a brand new MacBook Pro!
Here at Shipwell, we are a Remote Forward company. You have the opportunity to work within one of our office location cities (Austin and Chicago) or you can choose to be fully remote.
Shipwell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any sort. We do celebrate diversity and believe experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Diversity in our team makes for better problem solving, more creative thinking, and ultimately a better product and company culture.
Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of impact, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fast paced and collaborative environment. Shipwell strives to have an inclusive work environment; so if you are hard working & good at what you do then please come as you are. We want you to contribute, grow, & learn at Shipwell and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
We are looking forward to adding new perspectives to our team!
For more information about Shipwell visit shipwell.com, or connect with us on Twitter @shipwell, LinkedIn, and Facebook.com/Shipwellinc.