Our Tech Stack
- Functional programming
- Reactive programming
What You Will Do
- You'll be working with a small team in building a consumer-facing product that millions of people will use just like you.
- As a backend engineer, you will play a key role in building and maintaining our codebase, APIs, and server-side functions.
- You will work directly with product owners and fellow engineers to help guide, build, instrument, and test the software being built. From measuring the adoption of a feature to building out the support needed to run A/B testing, we believe that taking a data-driven approach to feature development and releases is core to building better products and software.
- Our team is highly collaborative, and you'll also have the chance to provide feedback on everything from culture to architecture and team operations, and the overall product.
Who You Are
- At least 4+ years of experience in an individual contributor, backend-focused role.
- Strong understanding of relational databases, such as Postgres, MySQL, etc. You know how to operate within complex schemas and effectively query large datasets successfully.
- Past professional experience in a strongly typed language, such as Java, C#, or Typescript.
- Past professional experience in server-side web application frameworks such as Express.js, NestJS, or Java Spring.
- You have a strong understanding of relational databases,
- Understanding and experience with reactive and functional programming paradigms such as RxJs or ReactiveX are a plus.
- Clear and effective communication skills.
- We prefer generalists over specialists and look for candidates with a history of pushing past their comfort zone and learning new things.
- You understand—and are excited to join—an early-stage company and have the opportunity to play a critical part in building the app and new features.