Backend Engineer at BlueVine
BlueVine is a high-growth fintech company empowering small businesses with innovative banking designed for their needs. Small businesses deserve accessible and modern financial services, and traditional banks have underserved them for too long.
By combining industry-leading technology and security with our team's expertise and care, we help small businesses spend their time on what matters most—the next chapter of their business.
Since 2013, we've provided small and medium-sized businesses with access to more than $5.4 billion in financing. As a top small business banking provider trusted by thousands of small business owners, we're proud to offer a full suite of tailored banking services, including a business checking account, line of credit, and invoice factoring.
Headquartered in Redwood City, CA, and with offices in Salt Lake City, Jersey City, Tel Aviv, and Karmiel, we're hiring problem solvers and collaborators to help build a better financial future for small business owners.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Python Engineer to develop components and integrations for our new line of products. You will work with a talented team to design and build our new, strategic, high-impact products for BlueVine.
Your primary focus will be the development of server-side logic, ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application, so a basic understanding of front-end technologies is also necessary.
This is not a fully remote role. At BlueVine, we pride ourselves on our collaborative culture, which we believe is best maintained through in-person interactions and a vibrant office environment. All of our offices will reopen in accordance with local guidelines, and will follow a hybrid model.WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Build scalable and robust components and integrations
- Develop high-quality software designs and code
- Independently drive backend engineering efforts
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Develop projects through their entire lifecycle
- Use cutting-edge technologies to develop functional web and mobile applications
- Collaborate with Front-end developers to integrate user-facing elements with server side logic
- Gather and address technical and design requirements
- Be part of a fast-paced and flexible team
- 2+ years of experience building Python backend applications (with Django or Flask a big plus) for web and/or mobile consumer-facing applications
- Experience with source control management systems, preferably Git
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field preferred
Nice To Haves
- Experience with AWS
Benefits & Perks:
- Receive over $1,000 annually for a wellness benefit of your choice
- Monthly WFH Stipend
- Generous PTO and holidays
- Excellent health coverage and life insurance benefits
- Generous, paid parental leave which covers up to 15 weeks
- 401K with an immediate 3% company match
Once We Return to Office:
- Free commuter benefits - CalTrain passes for SF employees and a monthly parking allowance
- Weekly catered lunches
- Unlimited snacks in fully stocked kitchens
- Pet-friendly HQ
Read what candidates and employees have to say about us. Check out our Glassdoor Page.