FloSports is hiring a senior-level engineer to join our Live team. We are a direct-to-consumer subscription-based sports media company that streams live events across 25 different sports (e.g. Cycling, Track and Field, Wrestling, Racing, Bowling, Marching Band, and more) to millions of athletes & fans around the world.
We are open to remote candidates for this role.
As a full-stack engineer on our Live team, you’ll be paramount in delivering the core value proposition that we offer our customers: a delightful, reliable live streaming product. You will join the team that is responsible for building out our API services, automation of provisioning our video encoding & clipping tech, and creating front-ends for monitoring and orchestration of live streams.
People who do well on this team are self-motivated engineers with passion and grit for both business and technological innovation. Our systems are built upon the Google Cloud Platform with TypeScript, Node.js, MySQL, Firebase/Firestore, Docker, and Kubernetes. The ability to embrace & adapt with changing technology is an important characteristic!
If this sounds like you, we want to talk!
You’ll want to work with us if:
- You have a strong technical background and a passion for creating clean, clear, and maintainable software systems
- You are a self-starter and highly motivated to deliver top-tier, yet pragmatic solutions that teammates want to build upon
- You prioritize simplicity, finesse, and empathy for the end user
- You advocate and improve on code quality, automated tests, CI/CD initiatives, and the developer experience
- You enjoy collaborating on a team with other engineers, product, designers, and marketing to create experiences that impact millions of sports fans
We would love to work with you if you:
- Can iterate rapidly while collaborating with designers, product, and other engineers
- Have backend experience working with databases and caching layers in a well-architected and scalable way
- Understand RESTful APIs and the importance of detailed documentation (such as Swagger).
- Value using accepted best practices for creating straight-forward, secure, testable, and well-documented software
- Have multiple years of production experience with Node.js
- Believe in the power of cloud computing and have worked extensively with AWS or GCP architecture
- Are curious about new technology from the front-end to APIs to infrastructure in order to more effectively create applications
- Write efficient SQL queries and indexing strategies for MySQL
- Deliver performant features through iterative building, measuring, and learning
- Efficiently learn new concepts, manage your own productivity, and desire to improve yourself, your team, and our products every day
What sets you apart:
- Clear communicator of thoughts and ideas
- Live to create awesome features that grow our product and the sport
- Seek out opinions of others to refine your own
- Passionate about consistently delivering value to users
- Production experience with containers, Docker, Kubernetes
- Can find your way around Wowza Streaming configs
- You have wrestled with ffmpeg and come out victorious
- Experience with Video Encoding, HLS, Dash, CMAF
- Love writing with TypeScript and don’t know how you ever lived without it
- Familiarity with TypeORM and NestJS Node.js framework
- Google Cloud Firebase/Firestore
- Experience with Java
WHO WE ARE:
Founded in 2006, FloSports is a venture-backed OTT subscription video streaming service dedicated to sports, offering live and on-demand access to hundreds of thousands of competition events across 25+ sports in the US and abroad. FloSports’ vision is to finally give underserved sports the love they deserve. With a growing library of more than 300,000 hours of premium content including news, expert commentary, films, documentaries and more, FloSports has established itself as an innovator and leader in sports streaming. Finally, your sport has a home.
HOW WE DO IT:
We are the CEOs of our own work and are accountable for the tasks and responsibilities assigned to us. We take pride in creating the content that fans love. We row in the same direction and work together on our common vision. We build and strengthen our relationships through teamwork and respect. We embrace challenges, ask questions and are allowed to fail as long as we learn. We are passionate about building tribes and communities worth belonging to. We are innovative, curious, and have an appetite for making things better. Does this sound like you? Apply Today!
- Recognized as one of 2020’s Top Workplaces by the Austin-American Statesman
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- 401(K) company match
- Progressive parental leave policies
- Flexible paid vacation and work environment
- Free laundry service for all positions that require travel
- Bring your dog to work- everyday!
- Stocked snack bar, catered lunch and breakfast tacos every week
- Modern and collaborative office environment