Backend Software Architect
Your technical background
- Deep understanding of cloud architecture is required. Experience scaling applications across platform desired.
- Enjoy designing and building 12-factors apps to run and easily scale in the modern cloud.
- Expertise in several languages and platforms preferred including GoLang and Node.JS
- Experience designing and developing APIs to be consumed by a variety of clients, GraphQL experience a plus
- Experience with relational & non-relational databases schema design, index strategy, querying, and performance tuning
- Data processing and pipeline experience preferred (e.g. Apache Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, etc.)
- Considers best practices for scaling, security, and caching
- Understanding of CI/CD (e.g. Jenkins, CircleCI) and experience setting up deployment pipelines.
- Constant curiosity to explore and refine through A/B testing
You'll love this job if you
- Enjoy a fast-paced environment with a motto of “1 prototype is worth 1000 meetings”
- Are driven by curiosity and willingness to learn new technologies
- Are passionate about durable, secure, scalable systems, always up and running
- Know the difference between a unit test, an integration test, and an end-to-end test. And you believe the job isn't finished until your code is covered by unit tests
- Take pride in your work and take responsibility and commitments seriously
- Value time to immerse yourself deeply in your work
- Treat others with consideration and respect
- Celebrate differences and thrive in an environment where everybody's unique contributions are welcome
- You've worked with microservices architecture
- You have a deep understanding of HTTP
- You've established best practices for security and monitoring
- You've worked across the stack including mobile apps or front-end web (HTML, JS, or CSS, including React) and it informs how you build APIs
- You've packaged your apps as containers using Docker, Kubernetes, etc
- You have a GitHub account to share.