Backend Software Engineer
Amherst seeks an intelligent and motivated Backend Software Engineer with superior problem solving skills to join our rapidly growing team. As an Engineer of Amherst, you will be developing strategic and complex applications where your contributions will have a direct impact on the growth of our backend platforms. We work in a highly collaborative environment where we solve business problems with technology.
If you are looking for challenging projects, a fun work atmosphere and career growth, apply today!
What you will do at Amherst:
- Participate in all phases of development from definition and design through implementation, debugging, testing and deployment of features across multiple subsystems within large-scale enterprise applications.
- Design and implement high performance, large-scale and highly available distributed services
- Participate in Agile working practices such as daily scrum meetings, sprint planning meetings, reviews and retrospectives.
- Provide production support on new and existing products utilizing the InsightLabs technology stack: C#/.NET/C++, Entity Framework, WPF, and SQL Server
- Development of data import tools using various technologies including C# .NET, SSIS or other commonly used ETL tools
- Work directly with developers, project leads and various business partners to understand and resolve issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer / Electrical Engineering, MIS, Math, Physics, or another related field
- 5+ years hands-on experience developing scalable enterprise applications using C# .NET, MVC/MVVM, WPF/WCF
- 3+ years of developing Webservices using WepAPI or REST
- 3+ years of SQL Server backend development (SQL skills, stored procedures, functions and performance tuning)
- Extensive experience and knowledge of SQL based relational databases, physical database design and modeling, and writing T-SQL queries and stored procedures for SQL Server
- Programming experience with SSIS or other ETL tools
- Experience interacting with external data feeds
- Experience with Entity Framework or other ORMs
- Experience with multi-threaded application development
- Excellent fundamental knowledge of OO principles, design patterns, C# and the .NET framework
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern workspace with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!
Read Full Job Description