AffiniPay is looking for Backend Software Engineers to help us build our next generation payment platform. You are someone who really wants to make a difference and have a direct impact on the company’s business. You will work alongside a team of software engineers passionate about delivering secure, high performance, and highly scalable REST services supporting professional practices nationwide.
We’re working on complex problems in an industry that requires high quality and availability. We have an open, collaborative environment where we work together to make our customers successful. While there’s a lot of domain-specific knowledge to pick up and some work may fall outside your expertise, we thrive on helping one another deliver a great product.
We are transforming the world of payments by solving unique challenges:Focus on Quality: Because we process billions of dollars in transactions for clients every year, we set an extraordinarily high bar for quality and availability. Accept Payments Globally: We are building solutions that must keep up with global payment capabilities, financial flows, and payment types. Make Payments Effortless: We make getting paid effortless for solo practitioners as well as some of the largest law firms in the world, whether they’re using our software or a partner’s. Build Scalable Systems: We’re building event-sourced, reactive systems that must stay scalable and manageable. End-to-End Security: Keeping data secure is critical to our business and to maintaining the trust of our customers. Build a Partner Ecosystem: We’re making integrations quicker and easier to grow our list of 70+ integrated partners.
- Continuously deliver high-quality, usable features for an array of both internal and external consumers in a timely manner
- Leading the design and implementation of platform features within our Scala/Java service stack
- Developing client- and server-side infrastructure for platform access from web and server integrations
- Working to improve processes and technologies
- Iterating on new and existing features to improve usability, performance, and security
- Deploying and leading platform services within AWS
- Holds team accountable for accurate design and quality of features produced and is results-oriented
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience with professional backend software development
- Proficient in Java or Scala
- Knowledgeable in MySQL, PostgreSQL, or Oracle DB environments and ORM frameworks
- Familiar with distributed programming techniques
- Experienced implementing and debugging large scale solutions in cloud-based environments
- Familiar with Linux environments
- Experienced with security-related development practices, cross-domain API access, big data processing frameworks, and additional programming languages/frameworks (Rails, Node, Scala) is a plus
- Flexible working environment, with 100% remote option
At AffiniPay, we’re continuously taking on exciting and interesting problems to define the direction of the financial technology industry and transform the way professionals get paid! Our aim to become leaders in FinTech has fostered our fast-paced, growth-focused culture. We’ve assembled teams of highly collaborative problem solvers who are passionate about both personal and company growth. We are eager to build, work together, and go above and beyond to be industry leaders. We also know that our people are our greatest asset and responsible for our ultimate success. As such, we invest in our team members’ growth and development, recognize accomplishments, and celebrate successes together. We’re building a winning team, and we need more creative, collaborative, and fun-loving people to help us get the job done!
Affini-Perks! We've got you covered...
Competitive compensation structure
Performance and loyalty-based bonuses
100% paid medical, dental, and vision benefit plans
Open Paid Time Off (PTO) plan
401K with automatic 5% company contribution
100% Company-paid short- and long-term disability and life insurance
Paid maternity/paternity leave
Flexible work environments: Home, Office, Hybrid
Charity matching contributions
Mental health counseling and nutrition education
Fun offsite quarterly meetings
AffiniPay Swag Package
Company lunches and fully stocked kitchen
All the benefits of a startup culture without the downsides
The chance to be a vital team member of one of Austin's fastest-growing
AffiniPay is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.