RigUp is changing the way work is done in the energy industry. Each one of our teams exists to move us closer to our north star -- to empower the people who power the world. The Engineering team at RigUp leverages a variety of tools to enable and sustain a scalable and highly-resilient platform for delivering customer value. We are organized into agile, cross-functional product line teams consisting of engineering, product and design which allows us to develop deep expertise and rapidly deliver high-value features and functionality.
As a Backend Engineer, you will work cross-functionally with product, engineering, and design teams across RigUp to ensure a consistent and clear developer experience.
We are looking for a Backend Engineer to help continue building our backend for energy jobs and services marketplace. The ideal candidate will have experience developing scalable software in partnership with diverse engineering teams and most aspect of our business.
What you'll be doing:
- Work with the latest version of Ruby on Rails on our backend for our web and mobile platforms
- Build product features within the first month on a product line team
- Develop significant, product-defining features within your first 4-6 weeks, working on a full stack team; while focusing on the backend and tackling larger challenges as quickly as you can
- Gain deep expertise in our product, architecture and tech stack over your first couple months, establishing yourself as the Senior go-to person on the team for your particular projects or portions of our stack
- Our teams are close-knit, consciously diverse. They move fast, constantly innovate and see every failure as a teaching opportunity. You will thrive if you are someone who learns quickly, works well independently and with others, and above all gets stuff done
What you should have:
- 2+ years experience in building large scale applications using Ruby, Java or similar languages
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience developing product infrastructure and web services
- Experience developing server-side code
- Desire to work in teams and mentor junior developers when opportunity arises
Technologies we use and teach:
- Ruby on Rails, RSpec, Devise, Pundit, Postgres
- Flexible PTO policy
- 401k Program with 4% match
- Fully paid employee health insurance for employee
- Daily catered meals
- Competitive commuter benefits
- Open office space in the heart of downtown Austin
- Career development opportunities + partial reimbursement for ongoing education
- $2,000 vacation stipend on your 3 year anniversary
RigUp is a technology company that's building a platform to better support the energy workforce. Through the industry’s largest marketplace, we’re improving the lives of contractors and helping service providers and operators find the people who will get the job done. Headquartered in Austin, TX, and backed by a16z, Founder’s Fund, Quantum Energy Partners, and Silicon Valley Bank, we’ve raised $423.8 Million in funding to support our mission to change the way work is done in the energy field.
Our goal is to make RigUp an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Read Full Job Description