Build Engineer at CrowdStrike
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
Like to ship meaningful products and generally get.. stuff.. done? As a Build Engineer on CrowdStrike’s Engineering Systems team, you will be a key member of the team that keeps our software factory humming. Want to shape the technical vision around our continuous integration pipeline? Build tools and automation that take us through the next 10x of growth? Make developers smile by improving inner loop efficiency? If so, this job is for you!
90% remote (negotiable). While we are a remote first company, we have found that there are advantages in people having close contact with other engineers in our office locations. Exceptional candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of geographic location.
- Work primarily in an engineering workflow (building project deliverables with well-defined use cases and scope), rather than an IT workflow (fighting fires and handling IR support tickets).
- Stay abreast of automation technology and tools and work to apply them in a real environment.
- Stay abreast of containerization technology and tolls and work to apply them in a real environment.
- Stay abreast of latest desktop/server OS updates and assist with updating lab accordingly.
- Deploy and test custom virtual or physical machines in line with developer needs.
- Configure, deploy, and maintain servers for testing and production.
Though none of the following are strictly required, we’ll definitely prefer candidates who have:
- Expertise with build automation tools (Bamboo, Jenkins, buildbot…)
- Knowledge or expertise with programming in Groovy
- Knowledge and experience with application and/or driver signing on one or more platforms
- Knowledge and expertise working with Virtualization environments (AWS and VMware)
- Knowledge of building applications for Linux, Windows and Mac.
- Knowledge of building and deploying with Container tools: Docker Container Management and Registries, Kubernetes management.
- Strong CI pipeline experience.
- Knowledge and experience working with Virtualization environments (AWS and VMware)
- Solid understanding of source code version control systems (Git experience highly desired)
- Hardware and OS experience, especially around problem triage and resolution of problems with remote systems
We use technologies such as:
- Bamboo, Jenkins
- Ansible, Chef, Salt
- Python, Java, Golang
- AWS, Azure, GCP, VMWare
- Docker, MESOS, Kubernetes
- Linux, MacOS, Windows and iOS/Android
- Source control (Git)
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.