Build Release Engineer
SailPoint is the Worldwide Leader for Enterprise-Class IAM
We minimize risk and maximize business growth by managing access to data and resources across your enterprise. We do it effectively and securely for every person who interacts with your organization—any user, on any device, anywhere in the world.
We were first to recognize that companies could benefit from an approach to identity that addresses both IT and business priorities. We developed a unique risk-based model and leveraged that approach for everything from compliance to user provisioning. Then we followed that with the industry's first solution for truly extending enterprise identity management to applications in the cloud.
Today, we offer comprehensive products that can handle enterprise IAM on-premises or as a cloud-based service. This gives you the freedom to choose the best solution for your current needs, while at the same time establishing a clear path for future growth.
IdentityNow is SailPoint’s Identity as a Service (IDaaS) product, and the Release Engineer is a crucial role of the IdentityNow team. He/She will proactively work with Engineering, DevOps, Product, Services, and other functional departments to implement and operate SaaS software release best practices. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced job, and understands all the pieces that have to align correctly to get code safely and frequently from development to production.
- Build, maintain and monitor all infrastructure required to support the release pipeline, in accordance with pre-existing DevOps standards.
- Monitor and troubleshoot all software builds.
- Perform deployments of each service as needed, with the goal of automating yourself out of needing to manually release software .
- Create methodology to move releases safely from one environment to the next, while still complying with our governing standards.
- Develop and/or improve standards and policies around proper software delivery principles, and encourage/promote CI/CD.
- Manage cross-functional requirements working with DevOps, Engineering, Product, Services, and other departments.
- Produce metrics, dashboards, and alerts that report on overall release quality and status.
Background & Experience:
- Experience in a 24x7 Agile, SaaS environment
- You’ve worked in a shop employing CI/CD
- You’re an expert in one or more release automation products (Jenkins, GoCD, etc)
- You’re great with at least one scripting language (Ruby, Python, etc)
- You may not know Java, but you know how to build something written in Java
- You have a good understanding of networking concepts
- You have strong interpersonal and team skills, and the ability to set and enforce process and influence engineers who are not direct reports
In addition to the above requirements, the ideal candidate will have experience with one or more of the following criteria:
- System administration, system configuration, and system debugging experience
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure environments like AWS
- Knowledge of container technology
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical discipline, or equivalent experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.