Mythic has developed a unified hardware and software platform featuring its unique Mythic Analog Compute Engine (Mythic ACE™) to deliver revolutionary power, cost, and performance that shatters digital barriers preventing AI innovation at the edge. The Mythic Analog Matrix Processor (Mythic AMP™) makes it much easier and more affordable to deploy powerful AI solutions, from the data center to the edge device. The company has raised over $165.2 million to date, has over 120 employees, and has offices in Redwood City, CA, and Austin, TX.
About the role:
At Mythic the Methodology team manager is responsible for supporting the deployment and use of a wide array of CAD tools, spanning everything from semiconductor device TCAD, analog circuit design, industry leading place & route to RTL simulation, verification and emulation. We are developing a unique Analog+Digital product, so our design flows are also unique. We are looking for someone who is comfortable creating new ways to solve problems and improve efficiency. The Methodology manager will work closely with the directors of each design department and the VP of Engineering to plan capital purchases, including EDA tools and computing hardware, training schedules and project specific design methodology development. The ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with our external partners and vendors will be critical to this manager’s success at Mythic.
Mythic is a results-oriented and data-driven workplace that values work-life balance and job growth. We are constantly innovating new ways to create a great working environment where everyone is given the tools and support to succeed. We offer great benefits, for more information on our benefits please visit www.mythic-ai.com/careers.
Here's what you will do
- Lead the CAD tools and methodologies team
- Work cross-functionally with IT and silicon design teams to build the EDA compute environment
- Manage EDA tools and licensing
- Negotiate with EDA vendors to ensure Mythic has sufficient licenses of the best tools at the best price
- Manage the Mythic compute cluster
- Develop flow automation for frontend, backend, and custom design groups
- Support hardware designers in a fast-paced production environment
- Manage and secure PDK and 3rd party IP data
Here's the background we hope you will have
- 5+ years experience working with EDA CAD tools
- 2+ years experience in a technical lead and/or people management role
- Expert knowledge in a modern scripting language e.g., Python, Ruby
- 2+ years developing dependency based build systems for EDA e.g., Make, Rake
- Admin knowledge of FlexLM licensing
- Experience managing Slurm, LSF, or similar job scheduler in a production environment
The following would be nice to have, but is not required
- Project management experience
- Startup experience (developing infrastructure from scratch)
- Deployment of IP management systems for EDA
- Admin experience with revision control systems e.g., Perforce, Git, SVN
- Silicon design experience in frontend, backend, or custom
- Experience with containers in HPC e.g., Docker, Singularity
At Mythic, we pride ourselves in creating a culture where all employees feel valued and appreciated for the diverse perspectives and backgrounds they bring to the team. We aim to hire smart people, give them the resources they need to do their job well, and then leave the rest up to them. We celebrate individual differences and encourage people to be comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work. At the end of the day, we are committed to building a diverse workforce where everyone belongs.
Mythic is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It ensures equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We look forward to reviewing your application!