Capacity Planning Engineer at Cloudflare
The Capacity Planning team is at the core of Cloudflare's infrastructure organization. This team determines how much capacity, where and when is needed to ensure that no user or customer demand goes unmet. This team oversees demand planning, converts demand to capacity, allocates network resources, and ensures network health across Cloudflare's wide range of users and customers base. We work to identify and resolve every bottleneck throughout the fulfillment process. We are a small, highly collaborative group working with and across all key areas of what makes Cloudflare work. Our focus is on solving the right problems for our customers while maintaining operational scalability and accuracy. We are strongly committed to automating as much of capacity planning as possible using machine learning, other internal tools as well as other tools available on the market.What you'll do
- Primary responsibility of ensuring major planning systems are designed and implemented to provide maximum benefit to the planning teams. You be a key influencer on design decisions, coordinate training, monitor UAT, prioritize feature requests and generally act as the primary interface between users and designers.
- Develop supply chain and inventory models, forecasts, and execution plans based on demand forecasts, historical trends, current inventory and safety stock position along with other market related factors.
- Work with teams to develop and articulate tactical plans and long-term strategy for Cloudflare’s Core and Edge Network
- Manage work programs, engage teams and engineers, set the pace for development, deployment and delivery of networking systems and infrastructure. Develop and prepare project documentation, process maps, presentations and tracking reports to provide detailed current status of each project.
- Use technical judgment to drive project delivery, technology reviews, challenge proposals and build consensus.
- Present the team's analyses and recommendations to internal stakeholders, including executive management.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Master's degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with planning systems, data analysis and statistics.
- Knowledge or demonstrated experience with capacity planning and/or supply chain planning.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in an ambiguous and busy operations environment
- Excellent analytics and forecasting skills in at least one programming language (R, Python, etc)
- Basic understanding of financial concepts Capex, Depreciation, etc
- Some coding or scripting experience
- Experience with servers, virtualized infrastructure, and/or data centers
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.