Chief Architect at Procore Technologies
What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Chief Architect to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Chief Architect, you’ll drive our technical vision through ownership and development of the technical strategy, architecture, and investment plan. Partnering with cross-functional stakeholders, you’ll gather program requirements, perform architectural analysis, and create and design technical solutions. If you’re a strong leader with proven experience evaluating industry best-of-class technical approaches—we have a spot for you on our team.
This position will report to our SVP of Engineering and has the opportunity to be based in our Carpinteria, CA, or Austin, TX offices or work remotely from any U.S location. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Drive the enterprise architecture vision and tactical execution plan that powers the Procore Platform and products
- Work across product lines to develop and execute the technology strategy and architectural foundation for Procore’s future
- Serve as the change agent initiating and managing the intricacies of modernizing a legacy product, as it is generating revenue for a hyper-growth SaaS company
- Leverage a team of Architects who have deep domain expertise to drive the overall technology strategy forward
- Develop an understanding of company direction, goals, and industry competitive environment to determine and communicate how specific architectural decisions add value to the organization and business
- Communicate and evangelize the overall technology strategy to various stakeholders across Procore, including the executive leadership
- Make informed technical decisions that support the product strategy. Perform architectural analysis and design for systems spanning our whole portfolio and expected future directions.
- Introduce and uphold state-of-the-art engineering standards, architectural governance, design patterns, and practices.
What we're looking for:
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, a related field, is preferred or comparable work experience
- 15+ years experience in software engineering, leveraging Object-Oriented Program fundamentals, Test Driven Development and Design principles (Ruby, Python, C++, Java), Distributed Architectures
- Demonstrated experience being the decision-maker for the overall technology strategy of a SaaS growth company
- Comfortable with the responsibility and accountability of creating and maintaining a technical strategy and execution plan
- Track record of anticipating technical problems that will fall out of major projects and designing solutions to overcome those problems
- Proven track record of distilling ambiguity to clarity and direction
- Demonstrated expertise with building or significantly improving large, business-critical systems involving stability, security, performance, and scalability
- Time-honed expertise with modern SaaS across the entire lifecycle: development, testing, staging, deploying, and monitoring
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.