Technology Specialist, Cloud Engineer
What You Will Do
As a Cloud Engineer within the Cloud Services group, you will work with the team to develop infrastructure-as-code templates,
reference architectures, and quick-start pipelines to enable cloud services for easy adoption across the enterprise. We're productizing our
cloud service offerings at every abstraction layer in tight shoulder-to-shoulder collaboration with our internal consumers, and advising teams on
selecting the right service to meet their needs. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing team which builds and supports our next
generation internal and external cloud infrastructure. To be successful, you will need to have a strong technical orientation in major public clouds particularly Google Cloud Platform and be familiar with multiple GCP products and Platform-as-a-service offerings like Cloud Foundry, provisioning tools like TerraForm, Ansible, Chef etc.
- Develop infrastructure-as-code templates, reference architectures, and quick-start pipelines to enable a cloud service for easy adoption across the enterprise
- Build cloud foundational components encompassing network, security, identity, operations, and governance in the Google Cloud
- Operationalize solutions from proof-of-concept through production, using automation for repeatability, maintainability, and to enforce standards
- Work with Software, Platform, DevOps and SecOps engineering teams to ensure product features and patches comply with cloud deployment standards
- Participate in all phases of the Product Development Life Cycle (Define, Plan, Implement, Test)
- Iterate to continuously improve the product offerings
- Handle new features/options from service providers
- Drive predictability and consistency through automation
- Accelerate cloud adoption by collaboration with the Engineering Enablement Team
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- 3 years of experience required.
- 5 years of experience preferred.
- 1 year of leadership or management experience preferred.
- 3 years of experience with Public Cloud platforms preferred.
- Experience in using Terraform to automate provisioning of cloud resources
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines that deploy to Google Cloud
Why Join Our Team
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Technologies is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.