Cloud Engineer at A Cloud Guru
Who you're committed to being:
- You are an experienced Operations professional that enjoys being in a fast paced environment.
- You love exploring new technologies and keeping your own technical skills sharp while exhibiting responsibility and caution.
- You have a passion for innovation, learning, and excellence.
- You elevate the technical abilities of those around you.
- You are an amazing communicator and effective influencer within the teams you are on
- You have a track record of being analytical, methodical, and quality driven.
- You are a champion of automation, who is always looking for ways to eliminate toil and manual procedures.
- You are eager to improve your knowledge of Software Development practices in a culture that values Software Craft, Lean processes, DevOps culture, and teamwork.
What you'll own:
- As a Cloud Engineer with a knack for troubleshooting and problem solving, you will be responsible for monitoring our environments, servers, and applications for health, performance and security. You will work with our hardworking team of Software Engineers to decide how to best build meaningful outcomes for our end users.
- Develop a flexible infrastructure to promote Developer self-service, while promoting continuity across our overall environment.
- Design, implement, maintain, secure, and scale core shared infrastructure, environments and servers.
- Development of tools and systems to support Developer self-service
- Server administration.
- Maintaining a pulse on emerging technologies and discovering hidden opportunities in our environment.
- Use technical expertise and experience to evaluate industry technologies and assess relevance.
- Collaborate with Product Experience Teams to research and address technical needs to the roadmap and develop new solutions.
- Maintain and improve standards of Operational Excellence.
- Ensure redundancy and resilience of infrastructure and services.
- Fostering of continual improvement in the areas of reliability and performance
- Forecast and assess reliability risks
- Ensure all shared infrastructure is configuration managed.
- Collaborate with the Ops and DevOps teams, as well as Security, IT, and Software Developers.
Experience you'll need:
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of related or equivalent experience; or 3+ years and an advanced degree.
- A successful candidate will be well experienced in key areas such as Cloud Ops (AWS), Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, CloudFormation), and Configuration Management (SaltStack).
- 5+ years of dynamic Operations/Systems Engineering experience including the following:
- Strong systems administration skills, especially with Linux Operating Systems.
- Strong administration of HAproxy, RabbitMQ, Redis.
- Solid understanding of network security and performance.
- Knowledge of compliance frameworks (PCI, SOX, SOC 2, ISO 27001).
- Strong scripting proficiency in bash (shell), Python, and/or other languages.
- Database administration background in Cassandra, Postgres, MySQL, and MSSQL.
- Solid understanding of Dev/Ops mentality and tools.
- Ability to quickly analyze and comprehend new or unfamiliar technologies or ideas.
- Experience with Kubernetes and Kafka a plus.
Technologies and tools you'll use and interact with here:
- Linux - Ubuntu LTS, CentOS 7, Fedora Cloud, Amazon Linux.
- Windows - Server 2012 R2, 2016, Core.
- Tools - GitHub, New Relic, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, Saltstack, Kubernetes, Docker, OpsGenie, Elastic Stack, Terraform, AWS CLI.
- Services - Haproxy, Nginx, IIS, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Zookeeper.
- AWS - EC2, RDS, ECS, VPC, Route53, ELB, ALB, Lambda, Elasticache, Cloudfront, Service Catalog, Cloudwatch, CloudFormation, IAM, Certificate Manager, Directory Service, WAF & Shield, SQS, SNS.
- Data Stores - Cassandra, Postgres, MySQL, MSSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch.
- Other - Cloudflare, wpengine.com, Zuora, Adobe Experience Manager.
Languages in use here that you may help support: