Cloud Performance Engineer
Position is based at our Austin, TX HQ
Cloud Performance Engineer
This position is focused on engineering high-scale solutions for SailPoint’s customer deployments in the Cloud. In the role you will be a member of the SailPoint performance lab focused on large scale performance testing, tool development and cloud deployment best practices. The role includes broad exposure across multiple hardware and software environment configurations. SailPoint’s clients deploy on a variety of platforms and the Cloud Performance Engineer plays a critical role in enhancing the overall deployment experience of SailPoint products.
- Develop toolkits, documentation and conduct performance testing under a variety of scenarios on multiple PaaS / IaaS platforms
- Develop test cases, analyze, and extract best practices from lessons learned.
- Conduct stress testing of software and infrastructure
- Develop a testing framework to automate test cases and conduct benchmarks
- Work with clients and partners to help them improve performance of their application deployment.
- Publish results of performance tests, scalability assessments
- Train others on techniques and lessons developed from analysis of software and infrastructure behavior
- Document deployment best practices and tools for SailPoint’s product deployed on cloud hosted infrastructure
- Work with the engineering team to develop measureable improvements in targeted areas of performance
- Bachelor degree or higher with an emphasis in Computer Engineer or Computer Science or related discipline (or additional 8 years of relevant work experience)
- Experience developing software test scripts and building test frameworks for Web Applications
- Experience executing software load testing tools, e.g. JMeter, Load Runner, Junit, or other
- Experiencing analyzing, interpreting and publishing the results of performance tests
- Strong domain experience in J2EE Web Application architecture
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms including Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure
- Track record of multi-domain software interaction and problem resolution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including a strong ability to conceptualize and document complex systems for non-technical audiences
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with minimal direction and be results driven
- Fluency in an Object Oriented Programming language such as Java, C#, C++.
- Experience in SQL scripting, JDBC development and database performance tuning
- Knowledge of network technologies (load balancers, switches, routers)
- Experienced in decoding protocols for behavioral analysis
- Knowledge on a variety of database platforms, e.g. Oracle, MySQL, and Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with Database Diagnostic tools, eg. Oracle AWR, SQL Analyzer, etc.
- Experienced with J2EE Web Application servers, e.g. Tomcat, WebSphere, and Weblogic
- Proficient with a wide variety of operating environments such as BSD, Linux, AIX, Solaris, and Windows
- Bonus Skills: Hibernate, LDAP, familiarity with build automation tools like "Make" and "Ant”
- Familiarity with source code management tools like GIT, CVS, or SVN also desired but not required
- Austin, TX – SailPoint Headquarters
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.