Communications Engineer at MongoDB
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
As a Senior Communications Engineer at MongoDB, you will help write, direct, and create the MongoDB keynotes, both for our MongoDB events and 3rd party events. Think of this role as a stage producer but for technical content, as this job involves storyboarding, scripting, stage design, working with actors/speakers (rehearsals and table reads), camera, audio and SFX crews, and a lot more. You'll be utilizing a combination of skills in communications and software engineering with a core focus on making the content authentic and interesting for developers. You will have high transparency of work both internally and externally and gain extensive exposure across the organization and have the opportunity to work directly with our C-suite, VPs, and other leads.About You
- You are a creative story teller with a great understanding of technology
- You understand developers and their needs
- You can explain complicated technical concepts through easy to understand visuals
- You are good at fostering and building relationships both in person and online at scale
- Create high quality, technically accurate and entertaining keynote presentations
- Work with Product Managers, Product Marketing Managers and Engineers to identify key product messaging goals and turn them into stories and presentations
- Write and rehearse presentation material with engineering executives and other key partners
- Work with Engineers and Developer Advocates to craft engaging product demos
- Train presenters to deliver extraordinary main-stage demos
- Join forces with the Design team to prepare engaging visual artefacts – slides, graphics, animations – to convey our messaging to the audience
- Collaborate with the Customer Success team to identify and create compelling customer stories for keynote presentations
- Always look for new ways to make the content engaging and the message clear
- When it is safe to travel again, travel to developer conference events and work with the field team to ensure keynotes run efficiently
- Being able to create a consistent story out of individual product announcements
- Interest in crafting experiences for our audience that go beyond the average keynote
- Excellent written communication skills with experience in both composing and editing
- Proficient command of the English language
- Ability to build accurate, succinct, and sophisticated slides and animations
- Great collaboration and communication skills – Keynote production takes a village
- Experience with software project delivery
- An existing interest in watching conference keynotes with an eye for content and presentation design
- Experience in Microsoft PowerPoint or Apple Keynote
- Experience editing videos
- Public speaking experience
- Writing technical content
- In 3 months:
- Go through MongoDB New Hire Technical Training
- Be familiar with MongoDB's presentation style and technical message
- Start working on our next keynote together with the rest of team
- In 6 months:
- Own smaller parts of the next keynote from start to finish
- In 12 months:
- Successfully delivered a major keynote
- Own initiatives to improve the audience experience
The Developer Event Content team is part of the bigger Developer Relations organization at MongoDB. We work together with our C-Suite, Developer Advocates, Product Managers and many more.
The team is responsible for the content at MongoDB events assuring high quality of every presentation. This includes the speaker selection process, speaker management, coaching, presentation reviews, and the keynote production.
You will be a part of a global team currently based in Denmark, Belgium, Germany, and the US. We encourage and support remote employees and the majority of the broader team works remotely.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.