Wheel is bringing the future of work to healthcare. Wheel is a first-of-its-kind enterprise that provides healthcare clients access to a flexible workforce of virtual care clinicians, and the tech-enabled infrastructure required to mobilize it rapidly and compliantly to improve patient access to care. Our mission is to change the way healthcare works by putting clinicians first, because happier clinicians make healthier patients. We’re headquartered in Austin, Texas, and recently named one of Built In Austin’s Best Places to Work, Best Small Company to Work For and Best Paying Company. Wheel is venture-backed by top investors with a track-record of growth-- and we’re building an amazing team of Wheelies. Come join us! Check out a recent Crunchbase article about our growth.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone by ensuring how we work is aligned with our core values of:
Grit to grow.
To learn more about how we work, check out our careers page.
As our Compliance Engineer at Wheel, you will be overseeing and maintaining Wheel’s Compliance program. Wheel is invested in infosec and we want to make sure policies and procedures are in line but also the best of any company in this vertical. Managing the compliance processes includes proactively identifying and tracking cyber-related risks that could impact the company and its customers. This role has ownership of our compliance program along with ensuring any identified audit findings are addressed after compliance is achieved. You’re passionate about infrastructure, software solutions, business drivers and emerging technology. This role will work closely with our Security Information Officer to help reduce the risk of compromise and enhance the overall best-in-class compliance position of the company.
- Develop and strengthen risk and compliance programs by identifying critical compliance issues, such as gaps in compliance requirements, writing and reviewing policies and procedures, advising on appropriate compliance processes and controls, developing mitigating controls, and monitoring incident reporting.
- Ensure security policies meet the various compliance requirements for the company including SOC2, HITRUST, HIPAA and other regulatory frameworks as necessary.
- Support audit efforts related to information security.
- Assist in the daily administration of the security compliance monitoring and enforcement program.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders, both technical and non-technical.
- Maintain and manage a Risk Register and provide regular updates on progress.
- Own the risk assessment of existing applications and those under development or being considered for purchase.
- Manage an internal database of security controls to assist with customer inquiries.
- Evangelize security best practices across the company
- 4+ years experience with information security architecture, risk management, and auditingIs inspired by our mission to provide best-in-class compliance in the healthcare vertical.
- Has strong analytical skills to define risk, identify potential threats, and develop mitigation plansHas knowledge of security and risk frameworks, standards, and best practicesIdeally has some security certifications.
- Bonus points if you have prior startup experience
- Has demonstrated an ability to take the initiative and accountability for achieving results.
- Thrives in a collaborative, diverse environment
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
At Wheel, we know we will go further together by celebrating diversity and that starts by honoring each of our unique lived experiences. We look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups: women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans and people from different socioeconomic background. We are committed to ensuring a safe work environment where employees are not discriminated against based on age, race, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, martial status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that believes in health, equity, equality, and prosperity for all so we can succeed in changing the way healthcare works.
Read Full Job Description