Elastic is growing the Federal Consulting Team to support our largest Department of Defense customers in the DC Metro area as well as various other locations across the U.S. and internationally. A minimum of active U.S. Federal security clearance is required and as you'll be traveling for this position to deliver consultancy engagements onsite, you can be based from anywhere in the U.S.A.
We have multiple opportunities open as we build-out the Federal specific team, working to deliver on a complex, multi-year engagement. If you're a technically trained engineer who loves to problem solve and work face-to-face with public sector customers, we would love to hear from you!
You will have the opportunity to work with a tremendous services, engineering and sales team and wear many hats. This is a critical role, as Consultants have an amazing chance to make an immediate impact on the success of Elastic and our customers.
- Deliver Elastic solutions to drive customer business value from our products
- Solution design, development, and integration on Elastic products and APIs, platform architecture, and capacity planning in mission-critical environments
- Requirements gathering, architectural design, integrating with other enterprise technologies and documenting solutions
- Strong customer advocacy, relationship building, and communications skills
- Comfortable working remotely in a highly distributed team
- Development of demos and proof-of-concepts that highlight the value of the Elastic Stack
- Data modeling, query development and optimization, cluster tuning and scaling with a focus on fast search and analytics at scale
- Technology workshops that include hands-on mentoring, whiteboarding, and solution development
- Solving our customers’ most challenging data problems
- Working closely with the Elastic engineering, product management, and support teams to identify feature enhancements, extensions, and product defects
- Engaging with the Elastic Sales team to scope opportunities while assessing technical risks, questions, or concerns
- Mentoring Elastic team members on new technology and solutions
- Active U.S. Federal security clearance - TS or higher
- Hands-on experience and an understanding of Kibana
- Excel at working directly with customers to gather, prioritize, plan and execute solutions to customer business requirements as it relates to our technologies
- Hands-on experience with large distributed systems from an architecture and development perspective
- Great presentation skills with the ability to speak in front of audiences both large and small
- Knowledge of information retrieval and/or analytics domain
- Ability to travel up to 65% of the times
- Hands on Experience with Arcsight
- Experience and interest in delivering and/or developing product training
- Experience contributing to an open-source project or documentation
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.