You will be one of the primary educators on the MongoDB Curriculum Engineering team focusing on content that will be delivered to academic instructors around the world through the MongoDB for Academia program. You will be developing and maintaining educational content about the leading NoSQL database for the amazing community of MongoDB learners. You will work closely with the Product, Emerging Developer, and Design teams to ensure that our courses offer the most relevant, engaging, and technically accurate material pertaining to MongoDB suitable for an academic environment.
Our ideal candidate for this role should have a background in software engineering or delivering technical training. MongoDB's instruction is rapidly growing inside academic environments and this role will assist in shaping the instruction learners receive.
This is an opportunity to be an important part of a world-class software education program, as we continue to grow and change at a rapid pace. You will work with a distributed team across multiple time zones from around the world.
Shift Timings: 0900 - 1700 GMT -04ResponsibilitiesAcademic Course Production
- Create and maintain engaging course content that serves the needs of MongoDB learners
- Research modern software to develop a nuanced understanding of database technology
- Create actionable learning objectives that build toward important skills
- Outline course content around clearly stated learning objectives
- Write lesson scripts and slide decks for distribution to academic institutions
- Develop scripts for demonstrating new ideas or evaluating students’ work
- Perform beta tests for new course material, interpreting and incorporating feedback from MongoDB engineers
- Explore online education solutions that could be incorporated into the content delivery process
- Study data from active courses to determine pain points and resolve them
- Talk with educators, instructional designers, and trainers about content needs and improvements
- Participate in discovery calls with other MongoDB departments about required deliverables
- Coordinate with the product, design, and MongoDB University teams to ensure learner’s success
- Host "Train the Trainer" sessions with educators on our current MongoDB for Academia offerings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An expressed interest in education as established by experience working in an academic environment
- Experience with Unix
- Experience with databases (e.g. MongoDB, MySQL, or Oracle)
- Complete new hire technical training to acquire hands-on technical knowledge of MongoDB products, their specific capabilities, and use cases.
- Via new hire training and shadowing, acquire a deep knowledge of MongoDB instructor-led training offerings and learning objectives.
- Assist in the creation and review of new training content (slides and hands-on exercises).
- Successfully create several MongoDB training courses, demonstrating a solid understanding of the source material.
- Comfortable with creating and releasing new/updated training content, given a course outline with defined learning objectives.
- Contribute to the design of new and updated training offerings.
- Own the end-to-end production of one or more training offerings - from curriculum design to content development to gathering stakeholder feedback.
- With the broader Curriculum team, contribute to refining processes and tools to drive increased development velocity and quality of instructor-led training content.