Customer Success Engineer
As a Customer Success Engineer you will be responsible to assess the nature of product or service issues and resolve support problems for customers and partners through support tickets, live chat, and occasional voice calls. Successful employees are willing to collaborate with other team members, able to meet deadlines, and excited to test new ideas, tools, and tactics. We are looking for motivators, go-getters, and ways to improve our processes, our products, and ourselves. As one of our Customer Success Engineers, you are our front line; when our customers think of how great Platform.sh is, they think of you.
In a given day you might:
- Troubleshoot issues pertaining to the underlying infrastructure running customer applications.
- Diagnose, debug, and document issues in both applications and systems.
- Deploy and configure cloud infrastructure resources.
- Troubleshoot, reproduce, and report bugs.
- Become a product expert and work toward improving our customer facing documentation.
- Participate in limited on-call shifts, providing timely responses to high priority tickets and incidents.
- Work under limited supervision with considerable latitude for personal initiative.
- Respond to customer inquiries through our ticketing solution, ZenDesk.
- Participate in training teammates.
- 3+ years combined of:
- Web development using PHP, Python, Ruby, or Go.
- Linux system administration.
- Experience using git for version control.
- Understanding of DNS as well as TLS and encryption.
- Exceptional communication skills to provide clear and empathetic customer support.
- Experience with Magento, Symfony, TYPO3, and/or Drupal.
- Understanding of CDNs, Varnish and general web caching strategies.
- Familiarity with IaaS solutions, such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Compute Engine.
- Conversant in containerization technologies and techniques.
- Knowledge of nginx, Galera, GlusterFS, and Puppet.
Apply if you:
- Display a passion for what you do and a drive to improve.
- Display personal and corporate integrity.
Sound Like a Good Fit? We’d love to talk to you!
*Must already be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
**This job is based in Austin, Texas.
Platform.sh is an idea-to-cloud application platform that simplifies cloud infrastructures.
We give developers the tools they need to experiment, innovate, get rapid feedback and deliver better-quality features with speed and confidence thanks to our unique rapid cloning technology.
Platform.sh serves thousands of customers worldwide including The Financial Times, Gap, Magento Commerce, Orange, Hachette, Ikea, Stanford University, Harvard University and The British Council.
We want people who are passionate, open, multicultural, friendly, humble and smart to join us and help this fast-growing, award-winning company to revolutionize the tech industry.