Customer Success Engineer
Stoplight is looking for a Customer Success Engineer (CSE) to join a fast growing Austin startup in the exciting domain of APIs and API Design Management. The CSE position is a technical customer-facing role with a focus on helping customers achieve success in their use of the Stoplight product. You will work with customers by helping answer questions, solving problems, and ultimately being the voice of the customer within Stoplight.
What is Stoplight?
Stoplight helps organizations design, document, test, collaborate and govern their APIs. We are the first product to effectively cover the entire API development lifecycle.
Stoplight’s mission is to make any stakeholder working with an API more productive. We work with individual developers to large companies including EA, Spotify, Sendgrid, and many others.
Why we're doing this?
We created Stoplight because we found existing API solutions tools to be inadequate. After talking with thousands of users and growing to 500+ paying customers, it’s clear there is a massive void for Stoplight to become the must-have workflow solution for any organization looking to streamline their API strategy.
- Answer questions, troubleshoot problems, and provide deep technical support for Stoplight customers across a wide array of topics.
- Engage with customers and fellow Stoplight employees to solve critical, complex issues related to Stoplight products in a timely manner.
- Deliver a great customer service experience with each customer interaction.
- Assist in writing, reviewing, and maintaining Stoplight product documentation.
- Participate in a working hours on-call rotation for urgent customer issues.
- Serve as the voice of the customer within Stoplight.
- Previous experience working directly with customers
- Previous experience in Support, Systems Administration, Software Engineering, or other technical fields
- Solid understanding of the modern web application stack. You are familiar with one or more of the following technologies: Typescript, React, GraphQL, REST, PostgreSQL, Kubernetes/Docker, nginx
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to work and interact in a group or team
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to independently troubleshoot problems and identify workarounds
- Self-motivated with a strong learning-orientation
Preferred but not Required
- B.S. degree in an engineering or similar program from an accredited college/university or equivalent work experience.
- Proficiency and/or knowledge of OpenAPI/Swagger, CI/CD, cloud technologies, applications development.
- Experience working with internal Sales/Marketing, Software Engineering, and/or Customer Success teams.
- Professional Services experience in an open-source or enterprise software company.
Competitive Salary. Stock Options. Full Medical, Dental, & Vision. 401k with 2% Company Match, Monthly Happy Hours, Quarterly Excursions.