The database market is extensive (the IDC estimates it to be $106B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
With Realm we help mobile developers build better apps faster by giving them a powerful alternative to SQLite. The Realm is on-device object database is open-source and used by more than a hundred thousand active developers. Over 65% of Fortune 1000 companies rely on Realm in their apps.
Earlier this year we started working on a new Dart/Flutter SDK. As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, implementation, testing, and maintenance of the Dart/Flutter SDK. We are looking for a person who is a self-starter, enjoys both planned and interrupt-driven work schedules, and has a laser focus on ensuring a great developer experience.
The ideal candidate will...
- Have 2+ years of experience with building cross-platform mobile applications (bonus point for a published app in Flutter)
- Have a high proficiency in Dart, C# or TypeScript
- Have a good understanding of Dart/Flutter and its core principles
- Have a high interest in building libraries for other developers and participating in open source software development
- Have experience with or want to learn C++
- Design, build and maintain Realm Dart/Flutter SDK
- Write high quality (e.g. clean, well-tested) code
- Participate actively in the code review process
- Clearly communicate challenges or roadblocks
- Collaborate effectively with teammates and colleagues across the organisation as well as the open-source community
The Software Engineer will be successful in this role when they...
- Can deliver tasks through the entire SDLC, from design through deployment with minimal guidance
- Can communicate design decisions and trade-offs effectively while working with a geographically distributed team
- Can guide and assist users in Realm open source community on GitHub, StackOverflow, and forums
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
*MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.*