Data Analytics Engineer - Clickstream Team
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
HomeAway is looking for a driven Data Analytics Engineer to join the Clickstream Analytics team to help drive the next generation data products we are building for internal customers. Our Clickstream Analytics teams utilizes HomeAway’s first-party clickstream data to power the business analysis of our website and mobile app usage. The opportunity to drive business impact is never-ending as this team provides insights that are both revenue producing as well as cost-saving.
What you’ll do:
- Challenges you will solve:
- You will implement a supportable framework for Looker, our reporting and visualization tool.
- You recommend and establish standard methodologies for implementing data models that unlock exploring clickstream data products such as funnel reporting and conversion analysis.
- You will be developing and testing POCs for clickstream analytics solutions as we evaluate new platforms, tools, and technologies to identify more performant ways to analyze and explore our large clickstream data set.
- Perform data modeling and prepare data in databases for reporting through various analytics tools.
- Document and disseminate knowledge to team members and the wider organization.
Who you are:
- Experience you bring:
- You have earned a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering (or a related field) and bring 3+ years of experience working with transactional or clickstream data sets in a large scale environment providing enterprise data warehouse development and support.
- Experience with big data stacks building data pipelines for clickstream or transactional data.
- You understand data infrastructure and translate to front end tools. The users will be working with the following stack: S3 (storage), Qubole (Data Management), Presto (Analysis Engine), and Looker (Reporting/Visualization).
- You are skilled with enterprise data analytics tools (ex. Looker, Tableau, QlikView, PowerBI etc) and have used multiple tools.
- Experience building complex data models data pipelines and analytics systems on distributed data systems.
- You are adept at using SQL and LookML for building data models.
- Experience working within Amazon Web Services (AWS) to access data residing in S3.
- Experience in Scala or Python scripting.
- 2+ years experience in Spark.
- Familiarity with continuous integration and delivery.
- You are familiar with Agile software development methodology and techniques and are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- You have previous experience in the Clickstream data domain (tracking libraries, server-side logging, canonical event model, data & self-service analytics).
- You are comfortable engaging with everyone from our C-team, Engineers, Leaders, and business-side teams remaining customer focused and communicating with influence and transparency.
- Understanding of NoSQL technologies.
- High preference for individuals with Looker development and administration experience.
Nice to have skills:
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.