Join AIL as a Data Engineer to help maintain and enhance our best in class repository of property, mortgage loan, and fixed income securities data and analytics. This platform drives the market-leading performance of a diverse group of real estate finance businesses.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to structure and process qualitative data and draw insightful conclusions.
- Problem solver able to take a complex business request and transform it into a clean, simple data solution.
- Quick learner open to new ideas and technologies, and willing to offer creative solutions.
- Ownership and prideful in work and brings new ways and ideas to the table.
- Develop logical data models and processes to transform, cleanse, and normalize raw data into high-quality datasets aligned with our analytical requirements.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive controls to ensure data quality and completeness.
- Manage data movement through our infrastructure. Streamline existing data workflows to create a flexible, reliable, and faster process. Develop real-time data transformations and validations.
- Identify and onboard new data sources. Collaborate with data vendors and internal stakeholders to define requirements and build interfaces. Troubleshoot and resolve issues with data feeds.
- Work with our team of researchers to identify and analyze investment opportunities in the real estate and fixed income securities markets.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in data analysis and management in an enterprise environment within finance, operations or analytics.
- Passion for data organization, quality, and reliability.
- Excellent SQL skills. Experience developing complex efficient queries, designing and building logical data models, and working with large datasets on a relational database system (SQL Server, Oracle, DB2).
- Experience with at least one scripting language (e.g. Python, Perl, PowerShell).
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Must be an intellectually curious self-starter and motivated to continually learn.
- Proactive, hardworking team player with excellent communication skills
Additional Skills and Experience (Not Required):
- Microsoft SQL Server experience.
- Strong knowledge of statistics, including hands-on experience with SAS, R, or Matlab.
- Command of object-oriented programming languages (e.g. C++, C#, Java).
- Experience with version control (e.g. TFS, SVN or Git) and build tools.
- Master’s degree in a technical field.
- Commercial real estate or lending experience.
Amherst Holdings LLC is a privately held corporation and is located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a beautifully renovated modern workspace with the latest equipment.
We offer a competitive compensation package including: bonus, 401k, flexible PTO, 11 paid holidays, accrued sick/personal time, employer paid benefits (medical, dental, vision), maternity/paternity paid leave, life insurance and more.
Our new office features a large gaming area (ping pong/pool table), on premise fitness center with showers/lockers and towel service, free snacks, and beverages (beer fridge!), breakfast taco Thursday and daily catered lunches!