Data Migration Services Engineer (Software Engineer) at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast-growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2020 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a Data Migration Services Engineer (Software Engineer). This role requires a strong technical background and applicants should be self-motivated and used to working within a small team environment. The employee is responsible for building and maintaining complex data migration software, building and maintaining a stand-alone, auto-scaling AWS infrastructure - including building and maintaining internal software used by the team locally and on Virtual Machines to perform data transfers, maintain and develop over 10 (currently) Self Serve Apps offered in the BigCommerce Marketplace hosted via AWS Infrastructure, and any other ENG/DEV project work. This role will also require you to be a technical lead on complex client-facing projects.
What You’ll Do
- Develop in house data migration software used to migrate data from a multitude of different eCommerce platform into BigCommerce
- Monitor, maintain and continue to build out a complex auto-scaling AWS infrastructure
- Develop, maintain, and scale our suite of self-service data transfer apps for our app marketplace
- Investigate, debug, and rerun data transfers using your knowledge of PHP, MySQL, SQL, REDIS, Laravel and a variety of data formats
- Mentor juniors on the team and assist with questions and issues, including long term goals and project management
- Advise the Junior development team on development best practices
- Workflow and Process Building and Management
- Develop and assist in leading tech design for future projects
- Lead by example through positive contributions to code review and general BigCommerce culture
Who You Are
- Strong PHP (5 years +)
- REST API Development (2 Years +)
- Laravel (2 years +)
- Virtual Environment experience (2 years +)
- AWS/GCP (2 years +)
- Git/GitHub experience/proficiency
- Strong SQL/MYSQL (2 years +)
- Knowledge of eCommerce systems and Data
- Payment eCommerce Gateway Experience
- Strong Knowledge Data Migrations (work history and examples a plus)
- Experience Scaling Systems
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.