With the acquisition of Realm last year, MongoDB added mobile development support to its data platform. Your job is to bring alive that platform for developers by demonstrating Realm's ability to drastically increase developer efficiency.
This role will work with a team of developer advocates who are all focussed on making the Realm platform successful. With the Realm engineering team primarily based in Copenhagen Denmark, we are primarily looking for candidates who are based in Europe but will consider strong candidates from anywhere in the world.
There are four components to the job of developer advocate in MongoDB:
- Learning: learn the MongoDB Realm platform and how it is used by our developers, what they use it for, what tool chain they use.
- Production: Take what you have learned and build demo apps, videos, twitch streams, Github repos, decks and podcasts.
- Distribution: Get the content that we have produced in front of the developer community via YouTube our developer hub, developer websites and conferences.
- Analysis: How did we perform, did we reach our goals, how can we do better?
- Primary degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Excellent Mobile development experience on Android or iOS, preferably both, and ideally with previously released applications on the App store or Google Play.
- Strong databases skills (SQL or NoSQL)
- Deep understanding of the terminology, concepts and standard methodologies for coding mobile apps. Experience with APIs and other mobile frameworks.
- Proven experience of product and software development
- Excellent technical writing skills, as well as the ability to present both in person and on-camera.
- Knowledge of at least two major mobile programming languages - e.g. Swift, Java, Kotlin, Objective C, React Native
You will be asked to deliver a presentation as part of the interview process.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.