At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
We may be doing something different every day, and the flexibility to master all relevant skills on the fly to handle new projects is important. If we begin to support additional programming languages, learning those new programming languages, building a project with them, and writing tutorials and examples using that new language with Workers will be part of the job.
Potential projects include but aren’t limited to:
- Building cool projects that can be used as code examples, writing integrations with other products, writing technical blog posts and tutorials, supporting external developers and improving their developer experience,
- Interacting with developers online on platforms such as Discord or StackOverflow
- Teaching workshops and helping run them,
We’re looking for people who are:
- Creative, empathetic, communicative and clever
- Confident and comfortable presenting to different types of audiences, large and small
- Adept at communicating technically complicated topics simply and elegantly
- Strong hands-on developer who is comfortable with full-stack development
- Intellectually curious, with great problem-solving skills
- Willing to rapidly experiment and adjust plans depending on what works is a must.
- You have excellent debugging and optimization skills
- You thrive in a multidisciplinary environment, and like working with many different teams
- You have strong verbal and written skills
- You’ve worked professionally in a software engineering or developer advocacy role
- Familiarity with web development languages and frontend frameworks (such as React, Vue, Angular, etc), dev tools and the serverless ecosystem
- Experience with teaching students
- Experience with organizing meetups, classes and/or workshops
- Results-oriented mindset
- Experience with WebAssembly
You should include these in your application:
- Code you’re proud of with products or projects you’ve worked on
- Links to your blog or your profile in online communities like GitHub, Twitter, Quora or Stack Overflow
- Languages you are fluent in, both human and tech
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
220.127.116.11: We released 18.104.22.168 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.