Developer Support Engineer at Unity
As a Developer Support Engineer, you are a key part of an outstanding 24x7 global support team that provides technical support to ensure our customers' games, and their players, stay online
As the first point of contact in keeping some of the most prestigious games operational at all times, you’ll be adept at responding swiftly but articulately to customer requests, solving complicated technical issues on their behalf.
Our DSE team have a real passion and will to thrive in a live operational environment where the pace is never slow and there is always an exciting new challenge to work on. Your dedication to actively observe, monitor and take action on multiple conflicting priorities simultaneously will compliment your attention to detail when solving customer problems.
If this sounds exciting, and you’re a technical wiz with your fingers on the pulse of the latest innovative Hosting, gaming and cloud tech, we want to hear from you!
What you'll be doing
- Ensure a detailed understanding and troubleshooting of user’s needs, responding to customer requests and tickets within contractually committed SLA
- Actively supervising key metrics and alerting from our products to enable a proactive approach to support
- Be comfortable raising issues to relevant senior technical teams where vital, as well as supporting users and internal teams by assuming relevant roles within a defined incident management process
- Able to connect with third party vendors to check, maintain or replace hardware as well as help to identify and fix network related issues
- Be required to record key activities and work in central ticketing systems and take part in daily handovers with global peers to ensure a continual flow of progress on all key customer and internal-facing issue resolution
What we’re looking for
- Experience with hosting/IaaS/cloud products and services in a customer-facing technical support capacity
- Experience with Linux and Windows server administration (including SSH/remote desktop/networking tracing tools etc.)
- Be comfortable working in shift patterns of work (5 days on, 2 days off); weekend shifts and working national holidays are included as normal working hours in this role
- Knowledge of escalation policies and how to utilise them efficiently, especially in a live operations setting
You might also have
- A keen curiosity about programming or tinkering with your own code-based projects!
- Experience working as part of a global shift-orientated team with handovers of information
- Experience working in the gaming industry, ideally backend systems for online games
- Experience with the Unity engine
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.