We are looking for a Development Manager to lead a team of engineers in delivering high-quality technology solutions for OE. As manager, you will lead this engineering team to balance short-term and long-term commitments and goals. You will be involved in a wide range of activities including coaching and mentoring engineers, scoping project work for both business and technical aspects, collaborating with product, managing post-deployment analysis. Our user-facing applications, are built primarily in Java 8, MariaDB, ExtJS, Swift. Our services and tools are entirely cloud-deployed.
OutboundEngine is one of the fastest growing tech startup companies in the nation, ranked number 95th on the 2016 Inc. 5000. We are based out of beautiful Austin, TX. OutboundEngine has been voted “Top Ten Places to Work” for the last four years in a row by the Austin Business Journal. Since 2012, OutboundEngine has helped over 10,000 small business owners market themselves by doing it for them. We create original content for our clients, automate their email campaigns, update their social media profiles, and ultimately help them drive repeat and referral business as well as new business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for staffing and leading technical team, ensuring assigned project goals and objectives are achieved while following OE’s established development procedures.
- Investigate, propose, and manage new product development efforts or product updates.
- Interface with other departments & management to communicate status of projects.
- Review technical specifications and recommend modifications or adjustments in order to deliver features / products
- Responsible for forming cross-functional teams responsible for the overall management of development projects.
- Recruiting, managing, mentoring, and developing a high performing engineering team
- Ability to coach developers, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers
- Foster collaboration between engineering teams to solve tough business problems
- Experience managing sprint cycles to ensure product ships on time and with quality
- Work closely with product management and data science to shape our product vision
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of management experience
- Excellent communication skills with ability to work across multiple departments
- Agile software development experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team.
Whats in it for you:
- Competitive guaranteed base salary.
- 100% Paid Insurance (medical, dental, vision, life and disability).
- Unlimited PTO.
- Company-paid downtown parking or metro pass.
- Stocked kitchen with snacks, beverages and catered lunches.
- Casual dress and music rocking all day.
- An awesome work environment and positive work culture, which celebrates employees success!
- Company events, such as private concerts, happy hours, team outings, holiday parties and more.