DevOps Engineer (Cross - Product) at ESO
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:36 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, March 17, 2022
How You’ll Support Our Mission
You will develop automation solutions for deploying the infrastructure and services required to run our applications in Azure. You’ll be a teacher, an engineer and a promoter for modern DevOps and Infrastructure-As-Code practices.
Our backend services authored in .NET, Java and our frontend applications are typically developed using AngularJS and TypeScript. We use Azure’s cloud platform for SQL and NoSQL databases, elastic storage, asynchronous messaging and streaming analytics. Azure DevOps, Jenkins and Octopus Deploy are the primary tools used for CI/CD.
ESO is committed to creating accessible software that serves all our users, regardless of situation, technology or ability. We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of all our products. We are always looking for individuals who are passionate about creating software that is inclusive and solves all of our user’s needs by ensuring it meets W3C available standards and guidelines.
Reporting to the Site Reliability Engineering Manager you will be part of our Platform engineering team.
What You’ll Be Doing – the day to day
· Work with our development and quality teams to implement and advise on the use of technologies, tools and processes and move them towards infrastructure-as-code
· Be the expert and Go-To person for DevOps across the organization
· Have flexibility and ownership of DevOps technology and processes
· Please note this list is not exhaustive
Who You Are - some of the essential things required to be successful in the role:
· 3+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer
· Experience CI/CD tools such as Azure DevOps, Jenkins, and Octopus Deploy, etc.
· Experience with Kubernetes and Docker infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform and Ansible
· Experience with scripting languages such as Bash, Python, or PowerShell
· Experience with .NET applications and SQL databases
· Experience with Azure cloud platform
Who You Are – it’s desirable if you have experience with any or all of the following:
· Candidates with specific experience in Azure DevOps will be given preference
· Automated testing tools
· Docker and Kubernetes orchestration
· APM/Infrastructure monitoring and alerting tools such as New Relic
· Linux environments
· Site Reliability Engineering
Benefits & Perks
ESO offers a comprehensive suite of benefits to promote health and financial security for our employees and their families. For full-time employment you this includes:
- Competitive health plans (medical, dental, & vision insurance)
- PTO (starting at 20 days) & 12 company holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- Telemedicine service provided by ESO
- Savings accounts (FSA, HSA, DCA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Annual health and wellness reimbursement
- Peace of mind benefits such as life insurance, disability insurance, and worksite benefits
- Paid parental leave, new child program, & flexible parental return-to-work options
- Casual office environments and unlimited office snacks and drinks
ESO is a fast-paced, growing data, technology, and research company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We pioneer innovative, user-friendly software to meet the changing needs of today’s EMS agencies, fire departments, and hospitals. We’re small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great place to work. We serve thousands of customers out of our offices across the US, Canada and Northern Ireland.
Are you ready to Make a Difference? At ESO, we believe in bringing your true self to work every single day. If you don’t match all the qualifications on the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway! We are looking for passionate, innovative, and authentic people to help drive our mission.
In the spirit of ESO’s mission to “Improve Community Health and Safety through the Power of Data,” and in accordance with ESO’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, ESO requires all United States (US) employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, regardless of if you work remotely or in office unless a reasonable medical or religious accommodation is requested in a timely manner and approved. This policy will help safeguard the health of our employees and customers, as well as the community at large.
All offers are contingent upon a successful background check and compliance with ESO’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
ESO is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We invite you to consider opportunities at ESO regardless of your gender; gender identity; gender reassignment; age; religion; race; national origin; political affiliation; sexual orientation; disability; veteran status; or other non-merit factor.