DevOps Engineer, IdentityIQ
IdentityIQ is SailPoint’s Identity and Access Governance product, and the DevOps Engineer will be a key player on the Cloud Managed Service team. He/She will proactively work with Engineering, Product, Services, and other functional departments to implement and operate our global customer-facing cloud managed service for IdentityIQ. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced job, thrives on problem solving, and is committed to delivering seamless product availability to large enterprises around the world.
Location: Austin, TX
- Build and maintain a resilient, secure, and efficient cloud-hosted IdentityIQ platform to meet established SLAs
- Work closely with Rackspace to build, monitor and maintain the cloud hosted IdentityIQ infrastructure
- Automate deployment, monitoring, management and incident response
- Monitor site stability and performance and troubleshoot site issues
- Work with Rackspace and Solution Specialist to define infrastructure to meet customer’s business requirements within the purchased subscription service level
- Monitor infrastructure costs to help meet SailPoint business model expectations
- Work closely with SailPoint Solution Support Engineer, Engagement Manager, Customer Success teams on each customer deployment
- Install IdentityIQ, patches and yearly upgrades in production and pre-production customer environments
- Build and maintain IdentityIQ specific monitors and alerts
- Develop and improve operational practices and procedures
- Proactively meet standards for information security and compliance (e.g., ISO, SOX, SSAE 16) in close cooperation with the Security Operations and Compliance teams to implement best practices
- Work closely with global DevOps and Support teams to provide 24x7x365 support to customers
- Participate in on-call rotations
- No travel expected
Background & Experience:
- Experience in 24x7 production operations, preferably supporting a highly available environment for a SaaS or cloud service provider (3-5 years)
- Experience with cloud infrastructure environments, AWS and/or Azure (3-5 years)
- Experience with containerization and infrastructure as code technologies, preferably Terraform, Docker
- Experience with Java applications and related J2EE technology stack
- Release automation (e.g., Jenkins), system administration, system configuration, and system debugging experience
- Experience using scripting languages (e.g., Ruby, Python), configuration management tools (e.g., Chef, Puppet) and command execution frameworks
- Strong understanding of system and networking concepts and troubleshooting techniques
- Strong interpersonal and teaming skills - ability to set and enforce process and influence engineers who are not direct reports.
- Ability to operate in an agile, entrepreneurial start-up environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical discipline, or equivalent experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.