DevOps Engineer - Remote at Coder
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:56 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, June 11, 2020
As a DevOps Engineer at Coder, you’ll be responsible for many of the go to market and deployment operations that directly impact our customers. Some of the core responsibilities that you’ll be tasked with include: creating new release artifacts, ensuring our platform works on various Kubernetes cluster configurations, developing cloud marketplace applications for our open source and enterprise products, and helping define the deployment lifecycle of our products. Hands-on experience with Kubernetes and Docker is a requirement for this role as you’ll be interacting with these technologies on a daily basis and helping to diagnose deployment issues on customer’s Kubernetes infrastructure. Good communication skills are also a requirement for this role as you’ll be interacting directly with customers when helping to diagnose and help resolve deployment issues with them on their Kubernetes infrastructure.
- Perform customer on-boarding, periodic reviews, and proactively alert customers of any impending issues
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the company products, functions, features, and benefits
- Predict issues/concerns and ability to elevate them to the appropriate point of contact and managing to a swift resolution
- Enhance the support of technical assistance for customers on all aspects of Coder’s products
- Technologies you will be working with on a daily basis: Kubernetes, Docker, and Helm
- Updating product docs, writing how-to guides, statements of work for contracts, etc
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Hands on experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and a deep understanding of Linux
- Background as a Developer or System Administrator
- 3+ years of technical sales experience, preferably with a start up
- Results oriented, resourceful problem-solver, comfortable working in a demanding, fast-paced, high growth technical environment
- Customer focus (internal and external) with a strong customer service mentality
- Strong background with cloud based services and products
- Able to make effective presentations or demonstrations in time-constrained situations
- Ability to work under pressure and work on multiple projects
What Makes Coder Different?
Coder is an engineering-first organization. Our product is built by engineers, for engineers. We’re committed to building an organization and product optimized for engineering happiness. You can expect a fast-paced workflow and minimal meetings.
Our basic requirements for employment are:
- A passion for your craft
- A desire to be successful
Humanity is the ability to make your peers and partners happy to work with you. This includes being social and open with your coworkers and building deep trusts. In a remote company you don't get this for free, you have to intentionally work for it.
Efficiency is the tendency to optimize your time:output. It is linked with workflow-obsession and maximal utilization of tools.
Feedback is the tendency to seek external validation. That means measuring over assuming. This is linked with reduced cycle times and iterative approaches.
Read Full Job Description