As a DevOps Engineer at Coder, you’ll be responsible for many of the go to market and deployment operations that directly impact our customers. Some of the core responsibilities that you’ll be tasked with include: creating new release artifacts, ensuring our platform works on various Kubernetes cluster configurations, developing cloud marketplace applications for our open source and enterprise products, and helping define the deployment lifecycle of our products. Hands-on experience with Kubernetes and Docker is a requirement for this role as you’ll be interacting with these technologies on a daily basis and helping to diagnose deployment issues on customer’s Kubernetes infrastructure. Good communication skills are also a requirement for this role as you’ll be interacting directly with customers when helping to diagnose and help resolve deployment issues with them on their Kubernetes infrastructure.
- Perform customer on-boarding, periodic reviews, and proactively alert customers of any impending issues
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the company products, functions, features, and benefits
- Predict issues/concerns and ability to elevate them to the appropriate point of contact and managing to a swift resolution
- Enhance the support of technical assistance for customers on all aspects of Coder’s products
- Technologies you will be working with on a daily basis: Kubernetes, Docker, and Helm
- Updating product docs, writing how-to guides, statements of work for contracts, etc
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Hands on experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and a deep understanding of Linux
- Background as a Developer or System Administrator
- 3+ years of technical sales experience, preferably with a start up
- Results oriented, resourceful problem-solver, comfortable working in a demanding, fast-paced, high growth technical environment
- Customer focus (internal and external) with a strong customer service mentality
- Strong background with cloud based services and products
- Able to make effective presentations or demonstrations in time-constrained situations
- Ability to work under pressure and work on multiple projects
What Makes Coder Different?
Coder is an engineering-first organization. Our product is built by engineers, for engineers. We’re committed to building an organization and product optimized for engineering happiness. You can expect a fast-paced workflow and minimal meetings.
Our basic requirements for employment are:
- A passion for your craft
- A desire to be successful
Coder has two guiding management principles:
- Context Over Control
- Autonomy over Alignment
Coder believes that knowledgeable workers produce their best work when given ample information and high-level missions, not task lists. We assign employees to business areas and hold employees accountable to business areas.
Coder believes that teams produce their best results when given all the internal resources to produce a business outcome. Coder minimizes department tribalism by closely grouping cross-disciplinary employees.
Coder strives to constantly grow and dominate. We need the best people in every function to make this happen, and we pay accordingly.
Furthermore, we want everyone to feel ownership of the company’s successes and failures, so we grant generous stock options to every employee.
We believe that pay raises set a new expectation for performance, while bonuses reward past work beyond expectation. We give cash bonuses at the end of each year, and we evaluate raises every summer and winter.
Workflow: We spend our time creating accelerated workflows for developers. It is logical and natural that our own workflows are just as streamlined.
Candor: Our team improves from continuous constructive feedback. We look for employees who are open and honest with their team.
Ownership: Team members are responsible for their specific part of the company. We take pride in what we do and what we create; constructive feedback and diverse opinions will keep us on a path of continual success.
Read Full Job Description