You're looking for a community where you can tackle complex problems, drive change, and build a powerful and novel product. You want to collaborate with smart, creative, and energetic people. You’re comfortable with being uncomfortable, and you thrive in an environment based on continual growth. You aren’t afraid to make mistakes, but you always learn from them. If this sounds like you, we want you on our team!
New Knowledge is a fast-growing technology company on a mission to help our clients make sense of the internet. We use AI and machine learning to alert brands to potentially damaging online campaigns, and we are revolutionizing the way communities, companies, and industries respond to the spread of disinformation. We are led by successful entrepreneurs, NSA veterans and disinformation industry experts. Current clients include Fortune 100 customers across a number of industries and our investors include Moonshots Capital, GGV Capital and Capital Factory.
We're looking for a DevOps Engineer with 3 or more years of experience managing infrastructure. This role will be based out of our Austin office, will report to the Director of Engineering.
What you'll do:
We're creating a platform to help understand and explore online communities. Day-to-day you’ll work with a rapidly growing team of software engineers, front end engineers, and data-scientists. You'll build out systems that can scale and are reliable. Collaborating will be huge, and there's a lot to do - there's no shortage of exciting work. There are a lot of resources available to us and you'll be early in the company. You’ll have a huge impact!
What you have:
- 3+ years managing infrastructure
- Experience with cloud-based distributed systems
- Experience in an Agile project delivery life-cycle
- Experience with Docker and a swarm/cluster management framework (Kubernetes, MesosOS, etc.)
- Experience building scalable products and data pipelines
- Experience with the following is a plus: Ansible, Jenkins, Terraform, Logstash
- Experience with a startup is preferred
- Skills and personality to operate effectively in a very fast-paced, complex business
- Knowledge of data warehousing and data processing technologies and trends
- Able to troubleshoot issues, whether the issue is in the infrastructure or software
What You’ll Get:
- Purpose-driven work alongside smart, dedicated colleagues
- Market-leading salary and equity compensation
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(k) with 100% company match up to 4% of salary and immediate vesting
- A leadership team that trusts and embraces technology
- Unlimited vacation that you’re encouraged to take, including paid parental leave
- Stocked kitchen full of healthy snacks and drinks
- Weekly catered lunch
- Monthly team-wide events like Alamo Drafthouse movie screenings, escape rooms, and stand up paddleboarding
- Many more benefits … apply to find out!