You're looking for an adventure where you can tackle complex problems, drive change, and build a powerful and novel product. You want to collaborate with people that creatively solve problems, make decisions with conviction and nerd out about the internet. You’re comfortable with being uncomfortable, and you thrive in an environment based on continual improvement. You aren’t afraid to try new things and make mistakes. If this sounds like you, we want you on our team!
New Knowledge is a fast-growing information integrity company on a mission to help our clients understand the internet. We use AI and machine learning to alert brands to potentially damaging online campaigns, and we are revolutionizing the way companies and industries make sense of disinformation, echo chambers, and filter bubbles. We are led by successful entrepreneurs, NSA veterans and disinformation industry experts. Current clients include Fortune 100 customers across a number of industries and our investors include Moonshots Capital, GGV Capital and Capital Factory.
We're looking for a DevOps Engineer with 3 or more years of experience managing infrastructure. In this role, you will be based out of our Austin office and will report to the Director of Engineering.
What you'll do:
We're creating a platform to help understand and explore online communities. Day-to-day you’ll work with a rapidly growing team of software engineers, front end engineers, and data-scientists. You'll build out systems that can scale and are reliable. Collaborating will be huge, and there's a lot to do - there's no shortage of exciting work. There are a lot of resources available to us and you'll be early in the company. You’ll have a huge impact!
What you have:
- 3+ years managing infrastructure
- Experience with cloud-based distributed systems
- Experience in an Agile project delivery life-cycle
- Experience with Docker and a swarm/cluster management framework (Kubernetes, MesosOS, etc.)
- Experience building scalable products and data pipelines
- Experience with the following is a plus: Ansible, Jenkins, Terraform, Logstash
- Experience with a startup is preferred
- Skills and personality to operate effectively in a very fast-paced, complex business
- Knowledge of data warehousing and data processing technologies and trends
- Able to troubleshoot issues, whether the issue is in the infrastructure or software
What You’ll Get:
- Purpose-driven work
- Market-leading salary and equity compensation
- Coverage under best in class, flexible medical, vision and dental plans
- 401(k) with 100% company match up to 4% of salary and immediate vesting
- Unlimited vacation that you’re encouraged to take, including paid parental leave
- Stocked kitchen full of healthy snacks and drinks
- Weekly catered lunch
- Free parking near our downtown office
- Free membership to onsite gym and pool
- Annual budget to purchase books and educational subscriptions
- Monthly team-wide events like movie screenings at Alamo Drafthouse, escape rooms, and stand up paddle boarding on the river
- Many more benefits … apply to find out!