About the Position:
Rev is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our team. As our first dedicated DevOps Engineer, you will help shape the future of this team and its relationship with our engineers and QA team.
Who we’re looking for:
Rev engineers are expected to do more than just produce great code. As a key contributor on our engineering team of 50, you will become an expert on the problems facing our customers and freelancer workforce. Our engineering team works together to generate great ideas and shape the future of our product and company.
You will not only help us execute on our current businesses - you will play an integral role in determining the direction of the remote labor market on a global scale.
- Investigate and fix system failures, and then share root-cause analysis with rest of team
- Implement robust CI/CD and testing pipelines for a wide range of services and tools
- Automate development workflows and infrastructure tasks
- Improve and optimize infrastructure through data-driven analysis
- Maintain monitoring of production services and help implement recommendations
- Work closely with engineers and QA to build environments and solutions for rapidly-evolving needs
- Create the roadmap for the DevOps team to support a fast-growing engineering team
- Work in Austin, Texas (with the flexibility to work remotely)
- Experience implementing and maintaining infrastructure for high-traffic services hosted on AWS
- Experience managing production loads on Redis, SQL Server, Elasticsearch, or similar technologies at scale
- Experience building, optimizing and automating CI/CD flows for API, Web, and Data services
- Experience load testing applications and simulating high-traffic environments to benchmark performance and reproduce failure scenarios
- Experience writing end-to-end infrastructure tests and creating the pipelines that run them
- Experience aggregating logging and metrics data, analyzing, and then pulling out actionable results
- Excellent proactive communication skills to work with engineers in Austin, San Francisco and across the country
- Thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- 4+ years of industry experience in engineering or DevOps
- BS/MS Computer Science or related technical field
- $100 in Uber credit every month
- Unlimited PTO and ability to work from home
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks. Catered lunch every Friday
- Team building events - trivia nights, happy hours and team off-sites
- A generous budget to create your own workstation
- Medical, dental, vision insurance, 401k plan, FSA
- Stock options
Rev is a marketplace for remote work made up of a large network of 22,000 freelancers (aka Revvers) that provide services to our 100,000+ customers around the world including companies like Amazon, Google, Buzzfeed and more. Our goal is to create 100,000 work-from-home jobs by 2020, and we are looking for ambitious professionals to help us get there.
Started by MIT engineers in 2010, Rev has raised capital from Silicon Valley VC’s. We have 85 employees (and growing) with offices in San Francisco and Austin. Sales are growing fast, and we reached profitability in 2017. We like to hire people that are intelligent, humble, high achievers and are eager to advance their careers. You’ll be measured on your impact rather than your effort.
Today, we offer four services and we will launch more in the next few years. Our initial offerings are audio transcription, video captions and subtitles, and document translation. What the verticals have in common is the work can be done anywhere, and software can transform them via marketplace methods, productivity improvements, and machine learning. We believe many types of work can be done remotely, and we have a game plan to change more of them in the years to come.