ABOUT THIS POSITION
We’re looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Dev Ops Engineer to join our engineering team who will focus primarily on organizing deployments, building the infrastructure that supports our applications, and scripting tools to enhance development’s efficiency. You will work closely with a talented and caring group of fellow API engineers, client developers, product managers, software architects, and QA.
Aceable is a mobile education platform that focuses on creating affordable, engaging and convenient online courses available across all of your mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people reach life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching its first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and is quickly becoming one of the leading online real estate schools in Texas. To date, Aceable touts more than 450,000 users and counting across all verticals, as it continues to expand nationwide.
Named by the Austin Business Journal as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin in 2017 & 2018 and winner of the Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Austin A-List for the Hottest Growing Startup in 2017. Aceable fosters a creative and collaborative culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student lives as possible.
ABOUT YOUR NEW TEAM
At Aceable, you’ll be an integral part of the Engineering team. You will be working with developers and QA to streamline launch and deployments; build the infrastructure that makes production easier; be a focal point for communication about our products and our releases. The Engineering team thrives on collaboration and respect while pushing each other intellectually. We ask the same of any new hire and are always excited to see what creative ideas and processes each new engineer brings to the table.
As part of the larger Engineering group, you’ll have the chance to help your peers achieve their development goals, collaborate on coding ideas, and stay on the cutting edge of programming technologies.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Become a key member of the Aceable Engineering team
- Help design and maintain Aceable’s enterprise infrastructure
- Develop new pipelines and improve processes that enhance developer efficiency
- Plan with architects to meet scaling needs as we tackle new verticals
- Coordinate across team boundaries to manage joint deliverables
- Work together with the Aceable QA team to ensure quality releases on time
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 5 years experience in DevOps engineering
- Experience working with Heroku, AWS Lambdas, and Now
- Lead migration from traditional on premise service and colocation facilities to the cloud
- Experience working with NoSQL and SQL databases
- Deploying and monitoring cloud platforms, CentOS, Windows, and traditional data center operations
- Solid understanding of development lifecycle (design, test, implement, document) and release management using modern collaboration tools
- Passion for driving automation into how software development and delivery is done
- Work with MongoDB specifically and Mongo Atlas
- Comfort working with GitHub pull requests and web hooks
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2017 and 2018
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Generous paid time off
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown building
- A team meal every week
- Fully stocked drink fridges and snacks + cold brew coffee on tap
- Company events & other activities (Holiday parties, Happy hours, quarterly volunteering)
- Transportation stipend
- Education stipend
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status.
Read Full Job Description