ABOUT THIS ROLE
Our Engineering team is working to build our core products. As a DevOps Engineer at Bright, you will work in a highly collaborative environment where your input will be valued and required to overcome technical challenges. As with every member of the team, you will contribute to the continuous improvement of the team's productivity, culture, and code quality.
Do you believe in cattle not pets and infrastructure as code? Are you pragmatic in your approach to tool selection and enjoy problem solving? Are you are up to the challenge of taking ownership in a greenfield environment? Do you want to work in a blameless, ego-less, collaborative environment? Are you are happy to support anyone one in the business through automation and problem solving and treat internal business stakeholders as valued customers? If so, this may be the place for you!
- Developing and deploying NodeJS and React Docker-based micro services using Azure Kubernetes
- Designing and implementing Continuous Integration, Delivery, and Deployment of micro-services
- Developing platforms to ingest and move data throughout the company
- Working with raw and transformed data to build out a big data capability
- Developing services and solutions by understanding the problem to be solved, collaborating on the solution, and implementing efficient, scalable automated solutions
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or 4+ years of related experience in supporting software development in an agile environment.
- Supporting infrastructure in the cloud either AWS or Azure.
- Building Continuous Integration, Delivery, and Deployment services for software delivery.
- Version Control Systems like Git or Mercurial.
- Supporting NodeJS and REACT applications.
- Supporting micro-services architectures.
- Container scheduling systems like Kubernetes or ECS.
- Jira or similar trouble-ticket software.
- You are familiar with containerized application design, deployment, and management using ECS or Kubernetes.
- You've previously worked alongside security professionals to assist in industry compliance audits or security audits.
- You have experience writing software with Python, Golang, or NodeJS and are at home writing Bash scripts.
- You are able to collaborate and find solutions when presented diverse opinions and viewpoints.
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
Bright Health is tripling its footprint in 2019 to offer a variety of health insurance plans to more individuals. Bright Health operates health insurance offerings across Individual and Family Plan segments and the Medicare Advantage space in Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Ohio, New York and Tennessee.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.