Based in the Bohemian Cowboy capital of the world, Austin, Texas, Literati is a new kind of bookseller. Our mission is simple: to make parents and children love reading together by building a community that sparkles with life, curiosity, and imagination. We have more investors than employees, so if you’re a team player, an expert with a beginner’s mind, a rainmaker, or have a hint of alchemy up your sleeve, then we definitely want to talk with you!
Literati is looking for an exceptional individual to join our engineering team as our first dedicated DevOps Engineer. In this role you will help to automate and streamline our engineering operations, troubleshoot and resolve issues in dev, test, and production environments and design, develop, test and deploy solutions as required. This position will work closely with other engineers on the team in order to maintain seamless integration of server-based components with the entire platform. The ideal candidate is someone who loves building and maintaining reliable and scalable systems, CI/CD tooling, and automating cloud-based applications.
What You'll Do...
- Design and build a new code production pipeline.
- Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with the development team to streamline code deployment.
- Implement automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines).Collaborate with team members to improve the company’s engineering tools, systems and procedures, and data security.
- Conduct systems tests for security, performance, and availability.
- Develop and maintain documentation of the systems you build.
Who You Are...
- Someone who gets things done.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment where decisions are made on the fly.
- You’re willing to get gritty & roll up sleeves.
- A Talented Juggler. You successfully manage competing priorities, and you make it look easy.A team player who has worked on diverse teams and knows how to communicate effectively
What You Need...
- You possess a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field.
- You have 3+ years experience as a DevOps Engineer or equivalent software-engineering role.
- Experience working in containerized (Docker) environments
- You are an expert in code deployment tools (Puppet, Ansible, or Chef).
- You have experience in network, server, and application-status monitoring.
- You possess a strong command of software-automation production systems
- You exhibit expertise in software development methodologies.
- You are proficient in Python (or similar language) and git.
- You have a working knowledge of databases and postgreSQL
Literati is dedicated to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We believe in the power of literature as a transformative form of technology that helps us see, and reflect upon, our common humanity. A great workplace should do the same—see, reflect, and celebrate the experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent of a diverse array of people. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, neurological and physical ability, sexual orientation, and beliefs.
Read Full Job Description