Supply chains are disconnected, fragmented, and in the stone age. We believe the market has it wrong and we believe there is a better way. We can build the de facto platform and market network to connect, automate, and optimize the supply chains of the world. This is a multi trillion dollar opportunity. Today, Shipwell transforms your supply chain by combining digitized freight, real-time tracking, and an integrated partner network in one simple and responsive platform. We are working with the top companies in the supply chain to connect with our RestfulAPIs. Our platform uses machine learning to analyze over 100 million rows of real-time data every day, reducing waste and friction, delivering better business intelligence, and driving continuous improvement across our customer supply chains. Shipwell is proud to be recognized by industry experts as a leader in shipping and logistics, including FreightTech 25 and Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup 2020.Our Culture
Shipwell is a fast-paced, high-energy start-up that strives to build the future of shipping every day. Diversity of thought and cross-department collaboration is very important to us. We deliver open, honest, careful communication and work as hard as we play. We create & deliver solutions that are revolutionizing the industry, which brings excitement and purpose to our work. If you are looking for a place that will help you tap into your best work-self and give you hands-on experience building something big, then we invite you to come and build the future of shipping with us!About the Role
The DevOps Engineer role provides you with a unique opportunity to join a high growth, third-party logistics company as they pivot into a record-breaking 3rd year. We need someone to own the end to end development of features which includes clarifying system requirements, designing deployment solutions, writing configurations, and ensuring that our staging and production environments are in-sync. We’re laying the foundation on which our industry will be reinvented; we’re looking for individuals who want to be part of a significant change. Ideas come from being an innovator and an amplifier, that strives to achieve more, for themselves and to enable greatness in others.What you will do when you get here:
- Write high quality, clean and efficient code
- Provide timely support to both internal and external users of the system
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with the engineering team and contribute ideas to our technology and algorithms
- Ensure that design is architecturally sound and follows engineering best practices with regards to scalability, maintainability, and reuse
- BS/MS/ Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field
- Production experience in Software Development
- DevOps (CI/CD) experience in a containerized environment
- Knowledge of DevOps and AWS stack
- Experience setting up system monitoring
- Ability to set up API gateways
- Knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g MongoDB)
- Expertise with Object Oriented Design and Programming
- Experience coding python
- Experience developing cloud-based services a plus
- Hands-on experience with agile development methodologies a plus
- 401k plan
- Generous parental leave
- Competitive salary and equity opportunity
- Team building events and office competitions
- Friendly, talented, and inclusive company culture
- Offices in Austin, TX, Chicago, IL or 100% remote
- Health, vision, dental, teladoc, STD, LTD, & Life insurance
- Incredible growth opportunity at a fast growing company
- Subsidized gym, cell phone, learning and commuter reimbursements
- Receive an elite technology package to include a brand new MacBook Pro!
Here at Shipwell, we are a Remote Forward company. You have the opportunity to work within one of our office location cities (Austin and Chicago) or you can choose to be fully remote.
Shipwell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any sort. We do celebrate diversity and believe experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Diversity in our team makes for better problem solving, more creative thinking, and ultimately a better product and company culture.
Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of impact, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fast paced and collaborative environment. Shipwell strives to have an inclusive work environment; so if you are hard working & good at what you do then please come as you are. We want you to contribute, grow, & learn at Shipwell and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
We are looking forward to adding new perspectives to our team!
For more information about Shipwell visit shipwell.com, or connect with us on Twitter @shipwell, LinkedIn, and Facebook.com/Shipwellinc.