Please Note: US citizenship or permanent residency is required for this position.
At CesiumAstro, we are developers and pioneers of out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. We take pride in our dynamic and cross-functional work environment, which allows us to learn, develop, and engage across our organization. If you are looking for hands-on, interactive, and autonomous work, CesiumAstro is the place for you. We are actively seeking passionate, collaborative, energetic, and forward-thinking individuals to join our team.
We are looking to add a DevOps Engineer to our rapidly growing team. In this position you will contribute to Cesium aerospace products by developing, testing, deploying, and maintaining tools to improve the quality, reliability, and efficiency of Cesium software development. If you are great at what you do, enjoy working in a startup environment, and are passionate about developing communications systems for leading-edge communications satellites, we would like to hear from you.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will work with multiple teams to develop the tools and infrastructure necessary to enable the development and release of next-generation aerospace communication systems. Speed and automation advancements are crucial as we have several customers and project deliverables. This specifically includes, but is not limited to, making sure the relevant software systems are tested continually/comprehensively, and maintaining reports in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment.
CesiumAstro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We provide generous benefits and stock option package to all our employees.
- Build and maintain systems, infrastructure, and tools to enable the development and deployment of high-performance, high-reliability aerospace software
- Author, design, improve, and maintain tooling used in the software development life cycle.
- Build, support, and expand continuous integration (CI) and software test systems
- Follow aerospace coding standards and development practices
- Manage customer-facing software releases
Successful Candidates will have:
- Completed Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science, computer engineering, or similar.
- 2+ years of experience with deployment tools, DevOps, or custom software delivery life-cycle enhancements
- Experience with source code control tools such as Git
- Experience with build automation, deployment, and configuration with tools like GitHub, Docker, or Ansible
- Proficiency in Bash, Linux/Windows command line, and Linux systems administration
- Experience supporting and resolving operational issues
- C, C++, and Python experience