Wheel is powering virtual care. We are a healthcare technology company bringing together both the tech infrastructure and the clinicians to power many of the industry’s leading telehealth services. By enabling more companies and clinicians to participate in virtual care, Wheel is helping to connect patients to the best care for their health needs.
We’re a hybrid-remote company with a hub in Austin, Texas, and we are proud to have been recently named one of Built In Austin’s Best Places to Work and Best Small Company to Work For. Wheel is backed by top investors; Lightspeed Venture Partners, CRV, Tusk Ventures, and Silverton Partners. We’re looking for new Wheelies who share a passion for making a positive difference in healthcare and feel connected to our core values.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone by ensuring how we work is aligned with our core values of:
Grit to grow.
To learn more about how we work, check out our careers page.
As our DevOps Engineer, you will be dedicated to helping Wheel deliver software quickly, repeatably, reliably, at scale, and securely. You will work across our stack wherever it is most necessary, and help build our platform to innovate the healthcare industry.
You'll need experience as an SRE or DevOps Engineer, but we're looking for software engineers. We're looking for someone who is comfortable building systems that will not wake your co-workers up at 3 in the morning; someone who can write web apps, but can just as easily spin up all the right tools to keep one running. You think that anything that needs to be done more than once should be automated. You engineer systems that are not only reliable but secure as well.
- Building, configuring, and optimizing highly-available systems for the Wheel platform
- Scaling out our monitoring systems so that we know before our customers do anytime something isn't completely working
- Building engineering tools that run our unit/integration/acceptance tests, control our build process, and trigger builds in our CI environment
- 5+ years experience as a DevOps Engineer
- 2+ years managing production systems on AWS or GCP
- Experience in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting cloud-based infrastructure
- Experience with CI/CD systems such as CircleCI, Jenkins, Travis, and TeamCity
- Experience with Terraform and Vault, or similar tools
- Expert knowledge of Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Proficiency with monitoring tools such as Graphite, StatsD, Grafana, Prometheus, and Stackdriver
- Proficient scripting in Python, Bash, or similar
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
At Wheel, we know we will go further together by celebrating diversity and that starts by honoring each of our unique lived experiences. We look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups: women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans and people from different socioeconomic background. We are committed to ensuring a safe work environment where employees are not discriminated against based on age, race, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, martial status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that believes in health, equity, equality, and prosperity for all so we can succeed in changing the way healthcare works.
Read Full Job Description