DevOps Engineer at Q2
- Help to provision and monitor our various build, package, and deploy engineering infrastructures.
- Provides systems engineering support to the Development Teams and promote the DevOps values and principles within all supported groups
- Develops automation and tooling to streamline deployment and operations procedures
- Provides the tool expertise and more importantly the support for the various software development agile release tools. For example, Jenkins/Teamcity for release management, Puppet/Chef for configuration management, Docker/AWS for containerization, and management of virtualization environments
- Provides systems engineering support for QA teams near-production test environments including online, live, demo environment for Sales/Marketing
- Be a highly collaborative and proactive communicator that can work in a start-up mentality
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Minimum 5 years of Strong Linux/Unix Administration experience; considered an expert in this area
- Proven, working experience and knowledge in various Build/Package/Deploy solutions using CI tools like Jenkins, TeamCity, and so forth
- Experience administering SCM systems like Git or SVN along with repository services like Github or Stash/BitBucket for an Agile development methodology
- Experience working with Docker containers
- Strong configuration management experience using solutions like: Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Working experience with cloud solutions like Azure, Google Cloud, or AWS Cloud is considered a must, other similar solution experience will be considered like OpenStack.
- Proven ability to support and manage SQL and NoSQL databases for the engineering environments
- Experience with IT networking extremely valuable
- Minimum 3 years working in a DevOps environment; 3+ years in an Agile/Lean development environment as well.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related field; MS considered a plus
- System and/or IT Administration certifications and training programs relating to this position considered a plus
At Q2, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that fosters mutual respect for our employees and the communities we serve. Q2 is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.