DevOps Engineer at Self Financial
Self Financial, Inc. helps consumers establish and build credit history. We are a venture-backed, financial services startup based in Austin, TX. At Self, our mission is to help millions of people build credit and save money on their journey toward financial security.
There are about 100 million people in the US who have low credit scores or who have no access to credit at all. Sadly, there aren’t many options for these people. Most banks aren’t doing anything material to change the situation because it’s not profitable for them to do so. Bad credit or no credit history can be barriers to renting an apartment or getting certain jobs, let alone buying a car or house. And if you can get a loan with a low credit score, you’re very likely to pay a lot more in interest over the life of that loan.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by giving people accessible and affordable tools to take control of their credit. Executing on our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can most benefit from them.
We're looking for people who share a passion for our mission and relate to why we do what we do. At Self, we want to work with people who are driven to tackle challenges, bring unique perspectives, find solutions and help make the financial space a better place for our consumers. We recognize that it takes different people and personalities to make our products – and our company – truly great. We only seek the best.
If you are someone who is equally passionate as we are, we want to chat with you.
About the Role
As we grow, we are looking for a new team member to focus on the automation of CICD processes and the development platform's operations. You will contribute to a team of automation engineers who work together to solve problems and make the best-in-class experiences for our developers and customers. You will interact daily with engineers to provide and empower them with tools, patterns, and automated processes to continuously integrate and deliver web and mobile applications while maintaining high quality and a high standard of compliance.
· 3+ years of software engineering for web or mobile
· 3+ years of software development lifecycle automation
· 2+ years of container-based delivery (such as: Docker, Kubernetes, ECS)
· Proficient working in AWS and linux deployment targets in AMIs and Containers
· A strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
· Demonstrated understanding of GitOps based SDLC automation
· Attention to detail and good communication skills
· Developing and contributing to reusable infrastructure code in Terraform, Go, Python, Bash, Docker, Packer, etc
· Strong experience with AWS compute and network resources (such as: IAM, VPC, Ec2 ASG, ECS, EKS, ALB)
· Experience with pipeline based SDLC automation such as GitLab, Jenkins Pipelines, AWS CodePipeline or other.
· Experience delivering services via containers to AWS.
· Experience working in a security and compliance-sensitive industry or environment.
· Create, maintain, extend, and operate the automation SDLC platform used to build, test, package, and deliver our web and mobile services and applications.
· Actively participate in conversations and influence the engineering teams to expand the scope of automation in areas such as integration, building, packaging, delivering, testing, monitoring, alerting and observing our services
· Maintain a learning mindset - looking for opportunities to improve our tools, products, yourself continuously
· Participate in regular team demos for the benefit of knowledge sharing and training
Our compensation and benefits are competitive, but there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many startups cannot: we can positively change the world, while making a profit. Over 64 million adults in the U.S. do not have a credit score due to a lack of credit history. Self is solving this problem with innovative technology and partnerships.
Our perks include:
· Competitive Pay
· Stock options
· Generous employer-paid health, vision and dental insurance coverage
· Enjoy our flexible vacation policy
· Educational assistance
· Free gym membership
· Paid parental leave
· Corporate bonuses
· Opportunity to work with and learn from industry veterans
· Opportunity to be a part of the internal Diversity, Inclusion and Equity group
· Remote work arrangements/ Flexible work schedule (due to the pandemic)
· Monthly $100 COVID stipend for full time employees through 12/2021
Our downtown office is open for those who want to take advantage of working onsite.
How we act with each other is how we act with our customers. We are direct, transparent and respectful, and we hope you embrace that approach.
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.