DevOps Engineer at SecureLink
Who We Are
At SecureLink, we take our jobs seriously, but ourselves - not so much. We're a results-driven team who isn't afraid of a challenge and understands the team effort required to accomplish something great. We're also people-oriented, so respect, teamwork, collaboration, and culture are some of our top priorities.
When you work for SecureLink, you're making a difference. As the industry leader in critical access management, it's our mission to bring secure critical access to organizations around the globe. SecureLink provides security, privacy, data governance, and compliance solutions for companies across multiple industries, including healthcare, critical infrastructure, manufacturing, government, legal, and gaming. Whether you're helping organizations implement secure third-party remote access, developing new ways to utilize our machine-learning technology, or contributing to our sales and marketing efforts, you're making the world a more secure place at SecureLink.
SecureLink is headquartered in Austin, Texas, and our talented team of over 200 is located around the United States and Costa Rica.
We believe diversity drives better outcomes. We want you to be you. SecureLink is a place where your ideas and performance matter. Different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better results.
Choose Where You Work
At SecureLink, we believe trust is an essential ingredient for building productivity in the workplace. We want to ensure all our employees feel both safe and productive. Our employees have the option to work 100% remotely, 50% remotely, or 100% from our physical offices located in Austin, TX and Nashville, TN.
Remote work can currently be supported for employees residing in the following locations: AR, CA, CO, FL, ID, IL, KY, MD, MI, MN, NY, OH, PA, TX, TN, VA, WA.
What You'll Do
SecureLink offers a highly available and performant connectivity framework that uses SSH to create a connectivity platform for remote support. On top of these connectivity services, SecureLink also offers advanced auditing capabilities and centralized management for remote access.
Our product is mission-critical to our customers. Our success depends on our ability to keep evolving our product to satisfy a new set of customers while improving stability and maintaining security and quality for our existing customer base.
The Automation/Platform team is responsible for maintaining and supporting the platform in which our product runs and providing tools to internal teams to help them scale better. Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Optimizing, automating, and implementing processes with the principles of infrastructure as code.
- Building tools and solutions that reduce bottlenecks and allow other teams to move faster.
- Working with other teams (other developers, QA engineers, Technical Operations Engineers, etc) to provide them with the infrastructure solutions that reproduce production environments.
What You'll Need
- 3+ years of experience in building or supporting complex software systems.
- Experience in building tools for the use of internal teams with regards to testing, reliability, security, and observability.
- Strong coding skills in Go, Java, C, C++, or another statically-typed language.
- Strong coding skills in a scripting language, such as Bash or Python.
- Familiarity with Linux system administration.
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies and orchestrators (Docker, LXC, VMs, OpenStack, Kubernetes).
- A team-player mentality.
You Might Work On
- Specifying, implementing, and supporting services and tools that make other teams' life easier.
- Working with other team members in redesigning parts of the product to leverage the platform we develop to support and distribute the product.
- Creating design documents and specifications out of requirements.
What's it Like to Work at SecureLink?
SecureLink is an engineering company at heart, and we are building a world-class solution for Vendor Privileged Access Management. We support over 800 customers in a wide range of environments.
We strive to make our product easy to use, maintain, and deploy. We have several teams focused on:
- Platform: preparing the Operating System, hardening the system for production, reliability, operability, and support).
- Application: the web application (frontend of the product) and the backend services that deal with audit and connectivity.
- Integrations and customizations (APIs, SDKs, etc).
- Internal tools and development experience.
- System-level development: Windows, Mac, and Linux drivers and native clients.
We like to have fun and solve hard problems. Our team is highly motivated, smart, and supportive. If you thrive in a collaborative environment and would like to learn more about the position would like to hear from you.
Why Choose Us?
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance - SecureLink pays 100% of the premium for employees and 75% for dependents!
- We contribute to your HSA ($2,700 for employee coverage or $5,400 for family coverage).
- We help you save for retirement. We contribute equivalent to 3% of your annual base salary to a 401k.
- Employees enjoy unlimited PTO, including the time to volunteer.
- We give $100 per month towards cell phone reimbursement.
- At the office, employee perks include two meals a day, bringing your dog to work, and an onsite gym.
Happy and successful SecureLink employees embrace the company's mission to have fun creating value over the long run. Great employees have three attributes that make them "slinky". These are 1) excellence at their position, 2) eagerness to grow and improve and 3) a true sense of responsibility to meaningfully contribute to the company, customers, and culture.
If you are just looking for another job, this is not the place for you. We like to laugh and be around happy, smart, interesting, self-motivated and "slinky" people. Slackers, grumps, and pessimists need not apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.