DevOps Reliability Engineer - Remote at CCC
CCC is the technology platform for the underwritten assets economy. CCC technology, insights, and support connect industries – insurers, automotive manufacturers, collision repairers, parts suppliers, lenders, fleet operators and more – to advance decision-making, productivity, and customer experiences for thousands of clients worldwide. Clients leverage CCC’s network management, data management, AI, operational workflows and customer experience solutions to efficiently scale, interact, transact and achieve their unique business objectives. CCC was ranked a best mid-sized company to work for by Forbes (2019). BuiltIn Chicago, Austin and LA named CCC a top place to work in 2020. Diverse perspectives and experiences are core to CCC’s success and award-winning culture of more than 2,000 employees worldwide. We hold inclusion as a core value and are committed to celebrating and cultivating the diversity of our team. With a 40+ year track record of innovation, CCC’s tenacious spirit and growth mindset turn next generation technology into real world solutions and empower team members to expand their knowledge and potential. Headquartered in Chicago, CCC has 11 locations worldwide. CCC’s principal PE investors are Advent International, Technology Crossover Ventures, and Oak Hill Capital Find out more about CCC by visiting cccis.com.
Job Description Summary
We are seeking a talented DevOps Reliability Engineer to be part of the fast moving, innovative CCC ONE product team. We build enterprise class, hosted solutions that span multiple data centers and public clouds and service hundreds of thousands of end-users. This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated person interested in being part of a team responsible for the overall health, performance and operational design of our systems and applications. In this position, you will work alongside DevOps, software developers, database administrators, network engineers, systems engineers and information security, in an agile environment building modern software solutions and infrastructure.
- Triage potential application issues received through various channels and work with appropriate teams to lead to resolution
- Develop automated solutions for resolving common system faults, reacting to infrastructural situations faster and alleviating manual tasks
- Recommend scalability and resiliency improvements to product engineering teams
- Gain and disseminate knowledge of our complex applications
- Application metrics and operational intelligence
- Resolve NOC escalations and help prevent reiteration of incidents by creating processes and automation
- Document remediation and improvement processes
- Collaborate with other development teams to build in reliability and observability in our systems
- Be key part of our response to high-severity internal customer incidents, ensuring we meet all SLAs
- Embrace failures and treat incidents as learning opportunities through conducting blameless post mortems reports
- Participate in code-reviews, rotation on-call and project planning
- 5+ years of professional experience in an Agile/Scrum development methodology
- 5+ years work experience using Microsoft technologies, preferably .NET and C# focused
- Experience with DevOps tools (Azure DevOps, Puppet, Chef or Ansible), processes and culture with a focus on automation
- Familiarity with technical considerations involved in designing for complex systems at large scale both with monolithic and microservice architectures.
- Has worked with Azure in production capacity – Experience with Azure Service Fabric is highly desired
- Experience with PowerShell Scripting
- Comfort and experience with Ops environment growing at a rapid scale.
- Knowledge of Virtualization, Cloud Infrastructure and APIs
- Experience with MS SQL debugging, performance profiling and optimization
- Experience preparing and presenting operational artifacts to senior management
- Familiar with container-based architectures.
- Production troubleshooting skills that span systems, networks and code
- Knowledge of cloud networking and how to troubleshoot issue in this space
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science or relevant engineering fields
Other Beneficial Skills
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash or Python