DevOps/Site Reliability Engineer
AlertMedia is looking for a DevOps/Site Reliability Engineer to join our well-balanced, collaborative team. This role is an opportunity to manage and expand our extensive AWS infrastructure to meet the needs of our rapidly growing customer base. The ideal candidate is passionate about automation, scalability and security with deep knowledge and experience with AWS technologies. As part of a small team, you will wear many hats and partner with the development team to design, develop, troubleshoot and maintain all aspects of the AlertMedia platforms.
Who you are: You're excited to help ensure the stability of a product that makes a huge impact and can never go down. You stay abreast on the latest security and networking technology and make sure you're ahead of the curve. You're an AWS and Linux expert and have a meticulous drive for excellence in your work. Peers would call you a team player who is willing to jump in and help where needed, open to sharing ideas and best practices.
Who we are:
AlertMedia has disrupted the mass notification industry and become its technology leader, now serving some of the largest and most respected companies in the world. Our emergency communication software and monitoring services enable organizations keep their people safe, informed, and connected. Customers in telecom, healthcare, transportation, energy, manufacturing, government and education are using the AlertMedia platform for emergency communication, regular business communication, and operational activities such as scheduling, dispatching, and other logistics.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our wave of momentum and take our company, and your career, to the next growth stage. We'd love to get to know you better and share how we serve our amazing customers. For more information please visit www.alertmedia.com.
What you will do:
- Become an expert in the AlertMedia platform and tools, and its uses for our customers
- Work with EC2, RDS, SQS, SNS, ECS, ElasticBeanstalk, CloudFormation, Docker, Linux and continuous deployment tools.
- Manage a secure, reliable and scalable infrastructure that cannot fail during critical local, national, and global events.
- Continually evaluate the security of our systems and applications, with an emphasis on data security
- Work with the team to determine tool requirements, then drive the implementation, documentation, maintenance, and improvement
- Work in an Agile based environment using tools like Git, JIRA, Jenkins, and Slack
- Contribute to the technology lead that AlertMedia has over other solutions through innovative development and by helping contribute new ideas related to leveraging technology in our product line
- Contribute to AlertMedia’s culture, values and vision for the future
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
- 4+ years of operations engineering experience preferred
- Willingness to work in-office in non-remote role
- Experience and expertise with AWS is a must
- Expertise with Linux, security, and networking fundamentals
- Experience managing large scale deployments
- Expertise in troubleshooting complex customer-facing systems
- Proficiency in at least one coding language (Python is a plus)
- Willingness to pair up with other developers to mentor and share your experience
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage working on multiple projects in parallel
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced challenging environment
What we offer:
- Competitive base salary + company-wide bonus program based on collective success
- Stock options- Be a shareholder in the company
- Competitive PTO + holidays to enjoy balance
- Health benefits- Medical,Dental,Vision and Life Insurance 100% paid for employees
- An exciting and positive work environment
- A Best Places to Work company
AlertMedia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
AlertMedia does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.