The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB is seeking highly technical candidates for a role on the Server Triage and Release team as a Diagnostics Engineer. Server Triage and Release is a support-focused group within the engineering organization. We are responsible for resolving technical issues reported by both our users and our technical services teams, as well as building new tooling to support these efforts.
An ideal candidate has excellent written communication skills especially involving technical topics, is well organized, has consistent attention to detail, and understands how to decompose and solve complex problems.What you’ll do
- Work with the Engineering and Technical Services teams to debug and reproduce bug reports from MongoDB users and escalate problems as needed
- Help MongoDB users understand complex technical issues and provide workarounds when possible
- Recognize patterns, and effectively categorize and create links between related issues and projects
- Contribute to the Server Triage and Release Team’s technical projects, which include tools and diagnostics development, benchmarking, writing documentation and crafting training material
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) are critical as you will be working with users from all over the world with very diverse backgrounds, as well as with a highly technical engineering team
- Interest in thorny technical issues central to databases: distributed systems, consensus algorithms, data replication, query optimization, data storage, OS internals, concurrency and scheduling, networking, etc
- Ability to:
- quickly grok and clearly synthesize implications of system behavior
- read and understand the intent of code and stack traces in many languages, especially C++
- You are comfortable handling tickets with identifiable diagnostic signatures
- You can identify user reported tickets that don’t describe bugs
- You have made contributions to our diagnostic tools
- You are identifying issue patterns and escalating when appropriate
- You can take any issue and work it to completion, either by working it yourself or knowing who and when to pull in additional help
- You have written detailed issue summaries for downstream teams
- You are running a project to improve our diagnostic tools
- You can answer some escalations from our experienced Technical Services Team
- You have a deep understanding in one or more Server components
This role can be based out of our New York City office or remotely in the North America region.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.