Digital Engineering Manager at H-E-B
About H-E-B H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $25 billion. Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace. H-E-B offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 109,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
This is an exciting time to join the digital engineering team at H-E-B. As our customer and partner experiences continue to grow in popularity and adoption in areas like Curbside and Delivery you will have the opportunity to define the digital experience for millions of customers and hundreds of thousands of partners. We are hiring across the stack: front-end web, front-end mobile, full-stack, and backend engineering. Our engineers are utilizing the best technologies available to deliver modern and engaging experiences with the reliability, performance, and scale to service that only the best technical products can support. Your daily activities will involve oversight, mentoring, delivering key pieces of functionality, and collaborating with technology leadership to plan the technical roadmap for H-E-B. We are constantly evolving both the software and the teams that deliver it. If you’re someone who enjoys taking on new challenges, working in a rapidly changing environment, learning new skills, and applying it all to solve large and impactful business problems, then we want you to be a part of the team.
Who You Are
- You have experience leading technical teams to deliver product features and platform improvements
- You're passionate about building and mentoring high performing engineering teams
- You have software development experience in front-end web or mobile, backend or full stack platforms and applications
- You have experience using agile methodologies to plan and deliver increments of functionality
- You love the idea of using technology and data to power unique user experiences
- You focus on producing results and have a creative mindset to push beyond boundaries
- You have keen instincts for analytical analysis, technical discernment, and risk assessment
- You have 2+ years of experience in engineering management experience
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related technical discipline
What You'll Do
- You will recruit, coach and grow high performing engineers
- You will lead project management for your team, and take ownership of your team's delivery in close collaboration with product management, business analysts, designers, and other engineering teams
- You will drive iterative and on-time delivery of software
- You'll guide team members to make sound technical decisions
- You will guide your engineers to deliver technology solutions to improve user experience and drive business value
- You will champion engineering best practices such as code reviews and test automation
- You'll identify recurring issues and opportunities to improve the engineering process, employees’ success, and business success
Who We Are
- We hire talented people and give them the autonomy to be creative in how they impact the business.
- We embrace Diversity and Inclusion as core values and have a thriving program to support it throughout the company.
- We are a partner-driven company with a Bold Promise - Because People Matter.
- We are a truly original Texas-based company that has created the Spirit of Giving to help our communities in Texas every day.
What are the perks?
- A robust Benefits plan with coverage starting Day One
- An 80/20 PPO medical plan with a $30 copay for in-network primary care
- Dental plans, Vision plan, voluntary insurance plans, and flexible spending accounts (FSA) available
- The Partner Care Team, for any time you have healthcare or coverage questions
- Partner Guidance allows free counselor visits, up to 5 times per year for each issue
- Telehealth offers 24/7 access to board-certified doctors over the phone
- Funeral leave, Jury Duty, and Military pay (subject to applicable law)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability coverage after 90 days
- Maternal / Paternal Leave for new parents, adoptions included
- Eligibility for 401(k) participation after 6 months
- Eligibility for quarterly bonuses based on company performance
- 10% off H-E-B brand products in-store and online after 90 days
- Access to other savings (gyms, phone, hotels, and more) through an online discount program after 90 days
- Opportunity to become a “Partner-Owner” after 12 months of employment